• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in Pakistan

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
this pitch is a real belter, england better had get their lines & lengths right or else pakistan will get this total

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Flintoff is clearly injured/knackered/both, he wouldn't be going at ten an over if he wasn't. Get him off, even if we end up losing because of it then saving him from injury is worth the sacrifice.

PY

International Coach
Agreed, use Collingwood if you need to. Maybe medium pacers will be harder to go hard at?

Barney Rubble

International Coach
PY said:
Agreed, use Collingwood if you need to. Maybe medium pacers will be harder to go hard at?
Worrying thing is, past Blackwell and Collingwood, we have no other options. Not even Vaughan, Bell or Pietersen - the closest thing we have is Trescothick or Solanki. Strauss and Prior certainly aren't going to be contributing.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Barney Rubble said:
Flintoff is clearly injured/knackered/both, he wouldn't be going at ten an over if he wasn't.
Or maybe he`s just not bowling very well? :wacko:

England did very well to get such a large total, but it looks like Pakistan are set to chase it down.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Nnanden said:
Or maybe he`s just not bowling very well? :wacko:
I considered that, but the fact is he hasn't bowled badly at any point in the last two years, so it's simply a less likely scenario than the injury/tiredness excuses! Sounds bizarre, but he just never seems to have off day at the moment.

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
Great 50 from Younis Khan. The running has been crazy - 3 or 4 calls for the 3rd umpire so far, and all have been close decisions.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bit of turn for Blackwell. Got his first ball past Younis's outside edge & it'd pitched outside leg. Solanki might have a bit of a trundle later. Fred looks well down on pace for me, it isn't worth flogging him into the ground for this. That said Salman's straight six for his fifty was a gem of a shot. I like the look of the lad more & more.

Beleg

International Regular
Err, no. There just isn't any help on the pitch for a bowler like Flintoff. And once the slow ball becomes your stock ball, it is far more easier to negotiate.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
BoyBrumby said:
Bit of turn for Blackwell. Got his first ball past Younis's outside edge & it'd pitched outside leg. Solanki might have a bit of a trundle later. Fred looks well down on pace for me, it isn't worth flogging him into the ground for this. That said Salman's straight six for his fifty was a gem of a shot. I like the look of the lad more & more.
Bets on Solanki dismissing Inzy, anyone? :p :D