• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in Pakistan

steds

Hall of Fame Member
viktor said:
Thats one h2h that could go the other way. then its 6-5 to Pak.
h2h? :huh: Besides, I think that one's pretty straight forwards compared to Strauss-Butt and Jones-Akmal.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
viktor said:
Thats one h2h that could go the other way. then its 6-5 to Pak.
Hoggard Test average: 30
Rana Test average: 56

Nuff said

(yes, I know Rana bowled much better in this series, but it doesn't change the fact that they're both medium pace swing bowler workhorses, and Hoggard has the better record over time)

viktor

State Vice-Captain
Samuel_Vimes said:
Hoggard Test average: 30
Rana Test average: 56

Nuff said

(yes, I know Rana bowled much better in this series, but it doesn't change the fact that they're both medium pace swing bowler workhorses, and Hoggard has the better record over time)
Rana has played just 7 tests so far; Hoggard has about 50; lets discuss this when Rana has had atleast 20, shall we?
for the record, I said, "could go the other way".

viktor

State Vice-Captain
steds said:
h2h? :huh: Besides, I think that one's pretty straight forwards compared to Strauss-Butt and Jones-Akmal.
I don't know...I mean, Akmal is a much better keeper than Jones, even at this early stage in this career.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
viktor said:
Rana has played just 7 tests so far; Hoggard has about 50; lets discuss this when Rana has had atleast 20, shall we?
for the record, I said, "could go the other way".
Sure, but by that logic, Bell could go the other way than Yousuf, too. We can discuss that one once Bell has played 20 Tests. :p

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scaly piscine said:
England are the better team, Pakistan played better. Now do the world a favour and shut up yourself.
No, England weren't the better side.

They had a better opening pair, a better middle order, a better keeper and better spinner.

It was only in the depth of the pace attack that we were better.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Xuhaib said:
Marc and the rest of the english guyz get over the ashes deep down all of you know that Mcgrath was injured and Aus played with duds like Dizzy, Kasper, Pupp and Katich. If the OZ had played to their potential they would have retained the urn.
What I was trying to say is that Aus are a better side, yet England won the Ashes - but by your logic the Aus side should've won 4.5 out of the 5 games.

viktor

State Vice-Captain
Samuel_Vimes said:
Sure, but by that logic, Bell could go the other way than Yousuf, too. We can discuss that one once Bell has played 20 Tests. :p
Sure :)
My reasoning was that at 7 tests Rana is better in the subcontinent than Hoggard is in the 48th test. A similar logic could be applied to Bell v Yousuf, in that Bell also looks to be a good player.

PY

International Coach
social said:
KP made to look an idiot once again in Pakistan.
Did pretty well before that though didn't he? :)

I'm liking Strauss in ODI, he's capable of playing a secondary role but still going at SR of over 85.

Freddie looks dodgy against Kaneria but he's still there so 300+ is very much on the cards. We'll need it.