• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in Pakistan

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
They have talented players, who just require the motivation. Look what Shioab can do when he actually cares about the wickets he can get.

This a quote from this article on cricinfo. http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/pakveng/content/story/226797.html

"Momentarily, cricket became a game of one end. At the other, Salman Butt grassed Bell off Rana and was hardly acknowledged. Here was Shoaib as he was originally conceived, taking wickets of players big enough to matter to him, joking with the captain, rousing the crowd, chirping at batsman, sending them off pantomime style, eyes honed only on him, at the centre of team celebrations, the stadium and all attention."

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
TT Boy said:
Kids or grown up team?.
Big Club, Huge Adults membership and huge Colts section as well, [the picture is just our U-11 side that were unbeaten throughout the season]. I am still Colts next season [ my last as a colt] as i am stil playing for the U-16. But i am also going to be playing for the senior sides. Lots of opportunity you see, their are three senior teams On Sartuday, and Two more on Sunday, so as you can see, huge club.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
TT Boy said:
His not got a great deal of variety unlike say a contemporary of his Rana Naved a bowler who can mix it up and look potent even on the most placid of wickets.
The same man who averages 55.79 in Tests?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
social said:
Not a bad team BUT only leaves 4 main bowlers, 2 of whom will be making come-backs from operations. I dont think the selectors would risk it.
That's why I stressed full fitness, something I doubt will happen.

social said:
I think you'll find it will be the same team as in the second test except for the substitution of Udal with Jones/Plunkett.
I have to agree to be honest, but much as I've derided him, it is harsh on Collingwood.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
sqwerty said:
makes no difference.....If Clarke can turn them square on a turner why do you need a Giles?
And how many wickets like that will the so called-great Clarke encounter in his career?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scaly piscine said:
Well if he's too tired to use his brain then he drops to 7. There's no point in having him come in at 6 and playing like a village slogger.
And the difference between 6 and 7 is what exactly?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
chris.hinton said:
Tresco is tired and Struass need a bit more time away from the England Squad and so does Harmy
Erm, rest Harmison when he's finally got back to bowling so well?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
TT Boy said:
Decent performances 5 years ago mean nothing, your only as good as your last outing, sure he was carrying a knock in the second but he looked clueless in the first.
So his longstanding hip problem only came in 2 weeks ago then?

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
Erm, rest Harmison when he's finally got back to bowling so well?
My thought exactly.

On another day, Harmy would've taken a bag of wickets in the 3rd test.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Neil Pickup said:
I think it'd be a cracker... Mrs Hoggard can take you out walking the dogs, Mrs Harmison will take the kids to school. Mrs Strauss and Mrs Vaughan will be changing nappies for the next 36 months and Mrs Gatting can tell you all about cooking for large groups on a budget.
Not to mention Mrs Hughes, who reported that her husband was so overwhelmed at meeting a CW legend that he advised Ricky to bowl in the 2nd Test...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Jono said:
What a series win for Pakistan! Its just great seeing Shoaib play with such dedication and committment. He is one of the most entertaining cricketers to watch when he's on song. Pakistan were just brilliant this series. Got a sniff in the 1st test and took it, almost took the 2nd after having England 4-20, and then absolutely spanked England in the 3rd despite a draw looking inevitable at Lunch on day 5.

What about Kaneria being robbed of a hat trick. Hair is such a jackass. :mad: :p

Those 3-0 predictions look so ridiculous now. It wasnt a matter really of people overrating England, because they have been brilliant prior to this series against SA and Aus. But the way people underrated, and in some instances just full out insulted this Pakistani team (I'm looking straight at you howardj, who has conveniently left this thread :p) was just ignorance. Pakistan are a team on the rise, and if Akhtar can bowl like that in future test series, they'll continue to improve as players like Butt mature and Afridi, Razzaq and Younis return to the team.

Interesting that India will be playing both these teams in the near future. Both series shall be great.
Word. You said everything that I wanted to say. So, now give your post count to moi.

Craig

World Traveller
I think some people here should give up predicating, I mean what they have predicated have come up fruitless.

I mean I was reading comments about England winning 3-0, before the Ashes about Australia winning, and to go back even firther when India were in Australia in 2003 that a 4-0 hiding was predicated for them turned out to be 1-1 draw, even if the wickets were too flat for my liking.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
And the difference between 6 and 7 is what exactly?
A number 6 can have 2 wickets fall at the other end before he's batting with the tail, a number 7 can have 1 wicket fall at the other end and he's batting with the tail. Also if Fletcher sees Geraint as being a proper batsman (which I get the impression he has from the start) he should play him in the top 6 and see what he can do.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Just read Cricinfo`s 'marks-out-of-ten'. Extremely ridiculous. Stupidly high ratings for a team that got thrashed.