• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in Pakistan

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
Barney Rubble said:
He's criminally under-rated outside England. No-one realises that he's been head and shoulders above most batsmen in world cricket for the last three years. He's no6 or so in the world rankings and yet opposition teams still think he's vulnerable because he doesn't move his feet. It's ridiculous.
Amazing how good old foot to the pitch is not as essential as it was say 50 years ago, when Boycott and his fellow technique-merchants ran the game. Look at Inzi, Gayle, Sehwag, no great footwork, but brilliant players. Even guys like Lara, Chanderpaul, now rely on their extra-ordinary techniques.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SpeedKing said:
One wouldn't get a hit series called Cricketer's wives would they
I think it'd be a cracker... Mrs Hoggard can take you out walking the dogs, Mrs Harmison will take the kids to school. Mrs Strauss and Mrs Vaughan will be changing nappies for the next 36 months and Mrs Gatting can tell you all about cooking for large groups on a budget.

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
Barney Rubble said:
Is that in support of my point or against it? :wacko:
Supporting it. Just wouldn't work would it. One Andrew Flintoff's wife is not going to capture our scandal-loving nation with her trips around Manchester with Freddie Jnr. in the pram.

PY

International Coach
Mrs Jones would run around after her husband trying to pick up everything he's dropped. :p

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Barney Rubble said:
Actually I've grown up with football my first love. I am a passionate Portsmouth fan and have attended four matches this season. I enjoy my football more than most people you'll ever meet, but I'm more than aware of how unprofessional footballers are. Any sport that boasts the likes of Kieron Dyer, Lee Bowyer, Rio Ferdinand, Jonathan Woodgate, Abel Xavier, Adrian Mutu and many, many others cannot lay reasonable claim to being called professional, as a whole. Just because I love football doesn't mean I have to like footballers. I've met enough of them, and enough cricketers, to know who I prefer.
Wasn't are very own Shaun Udal, banned from cricket for two years for violent conduct. Also Keith Piper, that bloke who bowled for England a while back who had a nasty coke habit, also Dermot Reeve, then the big bad boys who have disgraced their professional than say Abel Xavier, who like many an athlete took the wrong drug (also I have a lot of time for Mutu and his plight). The big bad boys being, Malick (Not the current one the one who liked a chucking a game), Cronje, Azharuddin etc. People who were respected within the game, Azharuddin and Malick being two great cricketers IMO and Cronje being a fine captain, those people have done more to disgrace their game then say Dyer, who likes shooting a **** film and going out on the ****. But Dyer is a joke, any football fan would know that, his not the England captain and I really don't think people would look up to someone like Dyer, footballer and all.

I’ve met countless number of footballers and have found many of them to be pretty cool, whilst I once met Graham Hick, my child hero and he wasn’t very nice or approachable but Tom Moody on the other hand was as nice as pie.

Though sorry Barney about calling you not a football fan, you must be pretty upset with what's going on at Pompey, its like a circus.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
SpeedKing said:
Supporting it. Just wouldn't work would it. One Andrew Flintoff's wife is not going to capture our scandal-loving nation with her trips around Manchester with Freddie Jnr. in the pram.
Well she's tried to forge a career for herself, opening up supermarkets and so on, signing on with some agency but people like Gorgeous George Galloway and other despots open supermarkets up round my way, so she has a long way to go.

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
TT Boy said:
Well she's tried to forge a career for herself, opening up supermarkets and so on, signing on with some agency but people like Gorgeous George Galloway and other despots open supermarkets up round my way, so she has a long way to go.
Still wouldn't see he having a fling with a member of the England team.

****talking to Fate - "I am not tempting you bby the way- ****

Couldn't even get a slot on BBC 2 in the morning.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Barney Rubble said:
He's criminally under-rated outside England. No-one realises that he's been head and shoulders above most batsmen in world cricket for the last three years. He's no6 or so in the world rankings and yet opposition teams still think he's vulnerable because he doesn't move his feet. It's ridiculous.
I don't think people badger on anymore regarding Tres technique, its only people like Glenn McGrath who really look at something like that and attempt to expose it. As one of the other forum members have said, other cricketers have forged fantastic careers with pretty non existent techniques, you don't have to be Sunil Gavaskar to make runs now days, not when Shaun Udal, Sami or Brett Lee (Test Match) are bowling.

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
Barking, near East Ham, which in near West Ham for those unfarmiliar with the Geography. What club u play for. Is that in the Essex laugues or in Middlesex

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What a series win for Pakistan! Its just great seeing Shoaib play with such dedication and committment. He is one of the most entertaining cricketers to watch when he's on song. Pakistan were just brilliant this series. Got a sniff in the 1st test and took it, almost took the 2nd after having England 4-20, and then absolutely spanked England in the 3rd despite a draw looking inevitable at Lunch on day 5.

What about Kaneria being robbed of a hat trick. Hair is such a jackass. :mad: :p

Those 3-0 predictions look so ridiculous now. It wasnt a matter really of people overrating England, because they have been brilliant prior to this series against SA and Aus. But the way people underrated, and in some instances just full out insulted this Pakistani team (I'm looking straight at you howardj, who has conveniently left this thread :p) was just ignorance. Pakistan are a team on the rise, and if Akhtar can bowl like that in future test series, they'll continue to improve as players like Butt mature and Afridi, Razzaq and Younis return to the team.

Interesting that India will be playing both these teams in the near future. Both series shall be great.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
SpeedKing said:
Spinners.
Other than Abdul Qadir probably, haven't looked it up but I bet someone like Nicky Boje has a pretty good average against the West Indians. It will probably be 85 saying that.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
SpeedKing said:
Barking, near East Ham, which in near West Ham for those unfarmiliar with the Geography. What club u play for. Is that in the Essex laugues or in Middlesex
Don't play for a club, going to play for my Uni side this summer. Was looking around for a club but I’ll have far more pressing matters to attend then taking tin pot bowlers down town.

By the way what club you play for?.

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
TT Boy said:
Other than Abdul Qadir probably, haven't looked it up but I bet someone like Nicky Boje has a pretty good average against the West Indians. It will probably be 85 saying that.
:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
howardj said:
Just goes to show that all these people who say that Pakistan are "unpredictible" (brilliant one day, horrible the next) are so far off the mark, and need to update their assessment. In my view, Pakistan are a pretty ordinary team, who don't have much heart.
Just thought I'd quote you again. :D