• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW English Meet-Up

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If I can find where the M5 is in relation to Brighton, I'm sure I can find a way to get there. Too many major roads in this country. Too many M's.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Langeveldt said:
No, Salisbury's waay to far off, sorry.. its about 120km from the M5.. If you could get to Gloucester or Cheltenham then there's a possibility..
No worries. Might not be able to make this one, will check out the train fare and then see where I stand.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Langeveldt said:
Probably, yes.. Would help if you can get to a motorway junction, Eveshams not that far off
Depedns where you're going.

If it's Leicester or so then getting off the M5 at Tewkesbury would be a very good option.

If it's Worcester, than Matteh can go straight there just as easily as Evesham.

If only it were on Friday though :(

cricketboy29

International Regular
Sorry. Didn't know what happeneed, realised my mistake quite early and I though i'd changed the post.

But it's amazing how many people jumped in and started to deride me for that one mistake.

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Langeveldt said:
So I've got Anna, Me, Neil (prob) and Matteh at the moment.. I've only got a Peugeot 306 so It's probably best if I only take four.. Although Anna would probably fit in the glove compartment
:p

What day is it again? Weds 30th? Hmmm....must remember to swap working weds for thurs at work....I'm working 3 days at the women's test match next week :mellow:

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
Depedns where you're going.

If it's Leicester or so then getting off the M5 at Tewkesbury would be a very good option.

If it's Worcester, than Matteh can go straight there just as easily as Evesham.

If only it were on Friday though :(
I suggested Evesham, because i can cycle to there easily enough but to an M5 junction or Worcester is a bit of a trek on the bike.
After actually bothering to assess the train situation, I can get from Honeybourne to Worcester for £4.55 anyway so i won't need a lift at all.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Wait.. I just realized that Wednesday is the day that my parents are leaving to return to Trinidad, so I'll be in London from early morning. Can anyone instruct me (Rich) as to how to get from Gatwick to an area along the M5 that I can be met at? Please.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Wait.. I just realized that Wednesday is the day that my parents are leaving to return to Trinidad, so I'll be in London from early morning. Can anyone instruct me (Rich) as to how to get from Gatwick to an area along the M5 that I can be met at? Please.
Are you going by train or bus or what?

I think National Express may be able to do a service to Bristol from Gatwick.. But its a long way (250km)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Langeveldt said:
Are you going by train or bus or what?

I think National Express may be able to do a service to Bristol from Gatwick.. But its a long way (250km)
Train to Gatwick. No plans from there yet. I'll look into National Express, though the seating on thos transport instruments is horribly uncomfortable.

cricketboy29

International Regular
If you have to go from London, Liam. it's going to be damn expensive. I already checked the ticket prices..around 20-25£ upwards..

cricketboy29

International Regular
Matteh said:
After actually bothering to assess the train situation, I can get from Honeybourne to Worcester for £4.55 anyway so i won't need a lift at all.
How the heck is it so cheap for you?

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
cricketboy29 said:
How the heck is it so cheap for you?
I have a Young Person's Railcard so i get up to a 1/3rd off the price, plus it's only 30mins on the train. Whereas for you it'd be more like 2-2.5 hours.