• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW English Meet-Up

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
OK lets try this then,

Who is available for Wed 30th, for New Rd, Worcester?

Who would need a ride?

Who is driving that can take people?

Who can volunteer to sort out nets?

If we cannot do New Road for whatever reason, where should be our contingency plan?

I am obviously available

I can take someone from S. Yorks, or pick up on the way

Grace Rd should be our contingency plan.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
while your in S. yorks, you might aswell drive past Voorburg right ? :p
if not..unlucky! :p

good luck ;)

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Goughy said:
OK lets try this then,

Who is available for Wed 30th, for New Rd, Worcester?

Who would need a ride?

Who is driving that can take people?

Who can volunteer to sort out nets?

If we cannot do New Road for whatever reason, where should be our contingency plan?

I am obviously available

I can make it, but would rather get a lift than take the train as it would be very expensive, and I don't drive. Otherwise, that's fine by me. :)

Langeveldt

Soutie
I can make the 30th

Don't need a ride

Am driving and will take anyone along the M5 corridor

If we can't do New Road, it should be Grace Rd or Southampton

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Langeveldt said:
I can make the 30th

Don't need a ride

Out of interest, are you driving past Evesham? If you are, can i have a lift from there in return for some contribution to petrol? :)

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Langeveldt said:
I can make the 30th

Don't need a ride

Reckon you'll be going past any medium-sized stations? Maybe Salisbury or somewhere? Doubt it, but if so it'd be great if I could get a lift part of the way instead of taking the train all the way. No sense going out of your way though. Cheers.

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Have you not seen Anna enough times to get some off her? I'll hassle Dickinson next time I see it.
Oi! I paid in cooked brekkie + drink :p

Barney Rubble

International Coach
cricketboy29 said:
from google maps it seems that the M5 does go close to london, so would you mind picking me up from there Langeveldt?.
He's going to have about 15 people stuffed into his car soon enough. :laugh:

Last edited:

Anna

International Vice-Captain
cricketboy29 said:
from google maps it seems that the M5 does go close to london, so would you mind picking me up from there Langeveldt?.
The M5 is on the opposite side of the country to London....I think you mean the M25...

cricketboy29

International Regular
Barney Rubble said:
Reckon you'll be going past any medium-sized stations? Maybe Salisbury or somewhere? Doubt it, but if so it'd be great if I could get a lift part of the way instead of taking the train all the way. No sense going out of your way though. Cheers.
Checked it out on Google maps. And assuming he's coming from Taunton, I don'' think he goes past there.

*sigh* why are english trains so expensive?

PY

International Coach
Goughy said:

What part of S. Yorks are you going from mate?

You lot have picked the worst possible day to organise one of these again! But I shall endeavour to score a day off. :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
cricketboy29 said:
It goes about as close to London as the final destination is, so why doesn't he drop people off at the ground then come pick you up?

Langeveldt

Soutie
cricketboy29 said:
If you're from the states and call 150km away close, then yeah..

Langeveldt

Soutie
Matteh said:
Out of interest, are you driving past Evesham? If you are, can i have a lift from there in return for some contribution to petrol? :)
Probably, yes.. Would help if you can get to a motorway junction, Eveshams not that far off

Langeveldt

Soutie
Barney Rubble said:
No, Salisbury's waay to far off, sorry.. its about 120km from the M5.. If you could get to Gloucester or Cheltenham then there's a possibility..

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
So I've got Anna, Me, Neil (prob) and Matteh at the moment.. I've only got a Peugeot 306 so It's probably best if I only take four.. Although Anna would probably fit in the glove compartment