• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW English Meet-Up

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
Honeybourne is a tiny place - I didn't even know the station still operated!
Indeed it is. I'm pretty sure it's one of those stations where there's a building, and the train stops there, but the only way to buy a ticket is to get on the train and get one then. If you've ever got the train from Warwick to Stratford, there's quite a few of those sorts of stations on that route.

cricketboy29

International Regular
Wow, you guys are such monied mechants...70£ on a rail ticket?!!!

I might just take the national express though, have we got any sort of a time frame on this. Like any time we need to reach there by?

Last edited:

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
cricketboy29 said:
Wow, you guys are such monied mechants...70£ on a rail ticket?!!!

I might just take the national express though, have we got any sort of a time frame on this. Like any time we need to reach there by?
Train from Paddington > Morton in Marsh = 18.50 and i think it's 6.50 from there to Worcester with a railcard. = £25

I arrived in Birmingham for the last one around 2ish and that was fine. Aim for the start of play :)

cricketboy29

International Regular
We're going to Worcester, I thought we were going to Grace Road?

Dammit, there are no funfare routes to worcester:(

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Worcester is the place.. The earlier the better, but you can come whenever, we'll give you a cellphone number nearer the time

It costs me less to get from Port Elizabeth to Grahamstown (200km) (by air conditioned bus) than it does from Nether Stowey to Taunton (15km) by urine conditioned bus.. The UK is one hideous rip off, but at least there is public transport...

cricketboy29

International Regular
Brillant. Do you have MSN, langeveldt?. I just need to know some other stuff so as to be able to book my ticket on the national express website.

Anna

International Vice-Captain
So are there actually any people who are coming to the meet-up? Most seem to be working or something..

Langeveldt

Soutie
Anna said:
So are there actually any people who are coming to the meet-up? Most seem to be working or something..
me, you, Matteh, Goughy, PY..

I'd like to see the forum's interpersonal function without the gingers omnipresence..

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Langeveldt said:

I'd like to see the forum's interpersonal function without the gingers omnipresence..
"Ginger's", or "gingers' "? :p

I suspect it's the former. I'm hardly that important. :cool:

PY

International Coach
Langeveldt said:

PY said:
You lot have picked the worst possible day to organise one of these again! But I shall endeavour to score a day off.
I'm still endeavouring but failing miserably. :(