• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW English Meet-Up

Langeveldt

Soutie
So is this going ahead or not? I'm willing to take some people up but not if there is going to be nobody at the other end

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
First time Ive checked the internet since arriving in the UK.

Is this off then?

If worst comes to the worst Ive just found out Ive got an old friend who is playing in the National Village Final at Lords on Sunday and asked me down to have a net with the boys. So even if this does not happed I will be at Lords on Sunday.

Ill check CW again tonight to see if the Wed meetup is on.

cricketboy29

International Regular
Hey Goughy...if your going to be at lord's on Sunday. Give me a ring...I'll be in Camden Town, which is pretty close by, and we can meet up without going anywhere...:D

Langeveldt

Soutie
It's not really viable to do it with only 3 or 4 people turning up.. Especially if you have to travel 200km or more, Grace Road it is then...

Langeveldt

Soutie
'fraid tomorrows off..

I'm very much up for Lords on Sunday though.. I'll be getting the National Express cuz I'm not driving around London, that would be a possibility if more interest was generated between now and then..

Anna

International Vice-Captain
hmm, I could do that........what match would we be watching & how much would the bus cost?

Anna

:mellow:

A bus from Taunton/Bridgwater to London, Victoria costs £16.60.......I haven't yet found out if Victoria's anywhere near where we need to be......:laugh:

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anna said:
:mellow:

A bus from Taunton/Bridgwater to London, Victoria costs £16.60.......I haven't yet found out if Victoria's anywhere near where we need to be......:laugh:
My mental picture of a tube map says it isn't particularly. Victoria = SW-ish, Lords (think it's St. John's Wood tube station) = N-ish. But it's all Zone 1 so shouldn't be too hard/expensive to get to.

Anna

Yeah, I had a look....I'd probably go district/circle line from Victoria to Westminster, then jubilee to St. John's Wood.

Would we be netting at all?

Oli Norwell

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Hey guys, what's the latest with the meetup?

I enjoyed the last one, would certainly try and make it down to London. Or Grace Road even, though that's an awful long way for those of you from Somerset.

Oli

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anna said:
Yeah, I had a look....I'd probably go district/circle line from Victoria to Westminster, then jubilee to St. John's Wood.

Would we be netting at all?
This may be me, but Circle/District line doesn't go to Westminster. :huh:

Think we'll either find another park or actually manage to find someone to ring up this time(Sorry Tarick, it's not going to go away :p)