• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW English Meet-Up

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I might be arranging a meet-up with Matt somewhere in Southampton sometime this week (though he doesn't yet know it), so details should be sorted then. My phone resources are limited to a mobile at the moment though.
Wednesday or Thursday are best for me, mate, I know I'm not working then - might be able to make the weekend but I won't know either way until a day or two's time. I emailed you my number to your Yahoo address, so just text me or something and let me know when suits you. :)

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Matteh said:
Central location is the best IMO 8-)
Certainly looks that way. Ive been checking the price of rail tickets to Southampton and its, like, a 4.5 hour trip 1way and over 80 GBP return.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Goughy said:
Certainly looks that way. Ive been checking the price of rail tickets to Southampton and its, like, a 4.5 hour trip 1way and over 80 GBP return.
Ouch.

Much as I don't want to be a pain in the arris, the last trip to Brum cost me £37.90 return in train travel, rounded up to £40 by bus fares. If this meet is after the 9th of September I'll have to renew my Young Persons' Railcard to get my 1/3 off, and then pay the cost of whatever train travel is necessary.

Looks like this Meetup might not be convenient enough for the both of us, Kev. :laugh: :D

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Ive booked my rental car now so Im up for it, though somewhere more cenral than Southampton would be preferable and a net needs to be booked.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Goughy said:
Ive booked my rental car now so Im up for it, though somewhere more cenral than Southampton would be preferable and a net needs to be booked.
good luck :D

Ive been mental enough to look up flight costs n stuff...not gonna happen, unless someone comes up with 150 euro's(95 pounds if you really want to know) for me...and a place to stay :) good luck lads :)

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Kweek said:
good luck :D

Ive been mental enough to look up flight costs n stuff...not gonna happen, unless someone comes up with 150 euro's(95 pounds if you really want to know) for me...and a place to stay :) good luck lads :)
If you are really crazy enough, there are plenty of return flights for under 40GBP if you can fly from Amsterdam.

Last edited:

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
although I just found one from Amsterdam to Luton for 58 pound..worth considering :')

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Kweek said:
although I just found one from Amsterdam to Luton for 58 pound..worth considering :')
Not if you're going to the Midlands from Luton, a train will cost you not much short of half of the amount you'll spend on the flight.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Wow you guys had immense fun in the meet up. Good stuff. Matt's performance was great and Mr. Quack didn't seem too bad either.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Barney Rubble said:
Ouch.

Much as I don't want to be a pain in the arris, the last trip to Brum cost me £37.90 return in train travel
Cost me about that in petrol, and I only got 10 pounds back in petrol money :@

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Langeveldt said:
Cost me about that in petrol, and I only got 10 pounds back in petrol money :@
Have you not seen Anna enough times to get some off her? I'll hassle Dickinson next time I see it.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone got any idea if anything is happening?

I fly out to the UK tomorrow and would like to have a rough idea of whats going on.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Goughy said:
Anyone got any idea if anything is happening?

I fly out to the UK tomorrow and would like to have a rough idea of whats going on.
If we can agree on a location, and it ends up being Southampton, myself and Liam can attempt to find somewhere where we can get a net - we also need to decide whether we're actually going to watch any cricket or not. That's not a decision any one of us can make on our own, so until others decide whether they're willing to come to Southampton or not, we're a bit stuck. Grace Road wouldn't be the worst idea IMO - I have more money now than I did before.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Neil Pickup said:
Have you not seen Anna enough times to get some off her? I'll hassle Dickinson next time I see it.
:laugh:

I'm willing to come to Southampton with a car load of people, not saying its my first choice destination, but its better than nothing