• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW English Meet-Up

Langeveldt

Soutie
Goughy said:
County indoor nets are always a good idea as noone uses them during the summer as they net outside. They are therefore pretty cheap and with plenty of availablity.
We've had trouble booking county nets, it appears people are too scared to use a telephone.. By the way, what do we call you? Darren?

cricketboy29

International Regular
Btw, If they're any plans for a meet-up. I'd like to be included, currently living in London. If they're 2 or 3 days before the 28/29th or anyday after it. exam on the 29th :(

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Right, Southampton some time soon then. Pitt/Camps - look into facilities and costs and location of food sources.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
hopefully for you guys better then Saj's kebab shop!
or a supermarkt with sandwiches...that be nice wouldnt it ? :p

hopefully you pick someone in charge of nets that doesnt have phone-o-fobia

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I might be arranging a meet-up with Matt somewhere in Southampton sometime this week (though he doesn't yet know it), so details should be sorted then. My phone resources are limited to a mobile at the moment though.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
steds said:
Why would I, when I could go to Leeds or the Challenge Cup final?
Because you're Northern and therefore inherently afraid of crossing the rich/poor divide line.

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Preferrably not on a day Somerset are playing (I'll have to work) or 2nd/9th/13th sept...other than that, anything's fine :D

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Southampton sounds good. Would anyone else be coming down from the North? as Im a bit nervous about renting a car just to drive down.

PY

International Coach
What part of S. Yorkshire are you heading from?

I'm based in Sheffield but it all depends on what day it is really plus I'm not entirely impressed with how it's gone from B'ham to Southampton. :p

Megabus is the cheap alternative, it'll cost about £12 return if you don't mind being on a smelly shed-like device for the best part of 12 hours. :D In seriousness, I don't drive so I'm not much help to you at all I'm afraid.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
PY said:
Megabus is the cheap alternative, it'll cost about £12 return if you don't mind being on a smelly shed-like device for the best part of 12 hours. :D In seriousness, I don't drive so I'm not much help to you at all I'm afraid.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Thats funny, I dont do buses :)

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
and rightly so you shouldnt(hopefully Oli doesnt read this :P)
anyway...Train? or rent a car yeah...still think B'ham is better option :p

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
PY said:
I'm based in Sheffield but it all depends on what day it is really plus I'm not entirely impressed with how it's gone from B'ham to Southampton. :p
I must admit, when it went from Grace Rd to Southampton it suddenly made my life far harder.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Goughy said:
I must admit, when it went from Grace Rd to Southampton it suddenly made my life far harder.
Grace Road seems fine though to me, I could take a SW contingent up, just off the M1..

If we start having places where more CW members live, as opposed to a central location, we may as well have it in Taunton, so me, Anna, Neil and Richard don't have anywhere to go.. Sets a very dangerous precedent IMGO

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Goughy said:
Southampton sounds good. Would anyone else be coming down from the North? as Im a bit nervous about renting a car just to drive down.
I'd drive you down... if I could drive and if I could stand crossing the Pennines. :p