• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW English Meet-Up

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Her laptop's broke at present which is why she's not been online the last couple of weeks, so I can't say for certain, but I'd not imagine she'd be able to TBH 'cos she's doing a temporary job over the Xmas\NY time. Will see what she's up to mind, worth asking t' question.
don't you speak to her daily? :')

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Well if yourself (and Pothas if it's that way) were to be able to get yourselves somewhere near the M5 I could arrange a small detour. Saves petrol, and makes it easier from the meeting POV in that less people have to find others.
right M5...i will look into that..

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
9 days until term starts again...I could do that.

Depends a bit on funding and whether I could have anywhere to sleep on Saturday night, though.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hmm, Tarique and Haakon around at t'same time... ITSTL.

What was the old plan for the previous planned meet-up BTW? I forget now.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Excellent, you'd do the job a damn sight better than me. Was easy with Craigos over, as my brother was absent. Would be far less so at the current time, though could do it if it were really neccessary. The Pickup household would be much preferable though.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Right I won't know my availability until closer to the time.. So it's either a no if it's on the Saturday, or a yes if it's on the Sunday.. I seem to remember being one of the few people who spoke last time, so your call guys :cool:

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I seem to remember bowling you last time :cool:

I'm game for either. Need to arrange it soonish though.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm game for either too, so is Neil, so is Anna, so it appears are Liam, Haakon and Tarique.

As I said, it really is a case of Hingston or Young. Should we put it to the poll? As good a way as any of deciding.

Actually, now I think about it, Sunday rules-out sledger too. So it's a case of sledger+Pete vs my namesake.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well you need to make-up yau mind faaaaiiirrly soon TBH, there's a week or so of "organising time" to go. And you presumably need a place, other than a hotel, to stay?

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sunday imo. Hingston's going to leave again whereas PY and Sledge will be around in the Summer etc.

PY

International Coach
To be fair, if people can't make it Saturday then make it Sunday.

I'm not going to be deciding factor because I could well end up having to postpone given my current life situation. If it is Saturday then great but otherwise I'm happy to sit this one out.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Should look at erecting The CW Tent for free in the Edgbaston car-park or somewhere methinks instead of this hotel lark.

Seriously - if sledger could get off his lazy aess and make it on a Sunday, I think we'd probably be best that way.

What'd be annoying mind would be if my namesake found-out he was free on Saturday with us having organised everything for Sunday in a week's time.