• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW English Meet-Up

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Right, when Pete makes his damn mind up and decides whether he wants to be part of this lark, we can make further plans...

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Someone definitely has his mobile number, pretty sure it's Anna (imagine Neil would too). Could get an answer that way.

Langeveldt

Soutie
There isn't a net available until 4:30pm on Sat 5th but there's one on Sunday 6th from 1pm.
Sunday is infinitely better for me.. Can't wait to tell the girlfriend that I can't pick her up from the airport because I'm going to play cricket with some people I met on the Internet..

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
:-O He's alive!
i am from time to time yes :)

might might might be able to do a end of january meetup...
depends on exams, I think my first exam is on 14th of january and I don't know if it's 1 or two probably... which would mean from 28th of january onwards i'm availeble...
now it's all coming down to when will my creditcard arrive, money and if the missus lets me :')

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So that'd be me, Kev, Rich and possibly Tarique then. ***cellent (and with Kev and his lapdance propensity around it genuinely might be !!!)

Craig

World Traveller
I'm currently roughly a 60% chance for Ashes 2009. If successful, will have to organise a meet up.
Got the travel bug once you have gone abroad earlier this year? If you get the time, visit Prague and as a beerlover like you you can get bottles for less then $1-$1.50 at most places.

Mister Wright

Got the travel bug once you have gone abroad earlier this year? If you get the time, visit Prague and as a beerlover like you you can get bottles for less then $1-$1.50 at most places.
Yeah, can't wait to travel again.

Planning for UK, Holland 2009 and L.A./New York for Christmas/New Year 2012.

Unfortunately don't think I'll get to Prague.

PY

International Coach
Right, when Pete makes his damn mind up and decides whether he wants to be part of this lark, we can make further plans...
Sorry, been crazy at work finishing for Christmas. If someone had texted me then it would've made things easier.

Can't make Sundays. Can do Saturday the 5th, don't see the problem with having a net at 4.30pm. Food & banter beforehand, then serious stuff after. Then who knows what.

HeathDavisSpeed

Who can definately get to Edgbaston on Saturday 5th January?

Pete, we need your OK. H* will evidently know tomorrow.
The closest I'll be is Leamington Spa on the 31st December/1st January. I have a feeling I may be dragged to watch a Southampton Home Game on the 5th January. Something I promised myself that I'd never find myself doing again. What a waste of time and money - Southampton football club. Dear oh dear.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sorry, been crazy at work finishing for Christmas. If someone had texted me then it would've made things easier.

Can't make Sundays. Can do Saturday the 5th, don't see the problem with having a net at 4.30pm. Food & banter beforehand, then serious stuff after. Then who knows what.
OK, people, it's a straight shootout between Pete and Anna. :p Who do we want? Depending on the answer, it's Saturday the 5th or Sunday the 6th.

EDIT: actually, didn't Anna say she could do the 5th too? If so, we now have a set date I thinks. With myself, Mat Mitchell, Rich Hingston, Neil Pickup, Pete Young, Anna 4certs. So who else would be up for \ available for that? I can help out with travel if you can get yourself somewhere near the M5.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Aww, whaaaaaaaat? We were banking on you.

So it's a question of do we want Hingston (6th) or Young (5th)? Make-up-mind time.

Unless, obviously, the rest of us fancied booking into some stupidly cheap hotel and having two nets in two days?