• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW English Meet-Up

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
FFS, having recorded the clip (the one of Mitchell in the garden complete with Dickinson commentary) from camcorder-tape to AVI file, my house's stupid network is refusing to allow me to transfer it to my computer and hence convert the AVI to an MPEG and hence YT it. 8-) Hopefully will sort this nuscience tomorrow.

And the netting clip is over 5 minutes, and will take a bit more effort to convert from AVI to MPEG with my, ahem, incomplete software.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There's free avi to mpeg programs out there, harder to find granted, but they're around.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, "tozzer" put me in the direction of one. Unfortunately, it's a, er, incomplete version and only does 5 minutes at a time. The net footage is 7 minutes (though if that bloody useless bugger Howgate had switched the god-damn camera off when we weren't bowling it'd probably be just right without me having spend 3 hours editing it :mad:) so it'll require, well, a fair amount of work to get it right.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yeah I'll still be here in the UK in Jan, can't promise anything but more than likely.. Apparently I've changed shedloads :ph43r:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Was about to suggest exactly that. Friday the 4th; failing that, Thursday the 3rd. Seems the only thing that would work for all suggested so far.

Time to pick a location, too, then we can arrange travel for the various parties. Am assuming Edgbaston at the usual location is the favoured spot?

Could we have absolute confirmation of "I can definately get to Edgbaston on the 4th" from those so far mentioned? They being myself, Mat Mitchell, Rich H*, Neil Pickup, Pete Young. I'm undoubtedly absolutely fine for said date; I presume Mitchell is too, and H* given that it was his idea. If the other 2 are, then we can start looking at working Camps and sledger into this joint via lifts. And anyone else, too, obviously. Crampton and Howgate presumably enjoyed themselves so much last time that they'd want to come again if commitments and finances allow?

Obviously, I can take some sort of small detour from the M5 to pick-up anyone who was able to do a small part of the journey by train.

If we have any "no, can't make the 4th" then it's time to start looking at making it the 3rd instead.

Last edited:

Matteh

No chance are you back in school that day. You'll go back on Monday, or if you're lucky you'll get an inset day or two.

Matteh

Was about to suggest exactly that. Friday the 4th; failing that, Thursday the 3rd. Seems the only thing that would work for all suggested so far.

Time to pick a location, too, then we can arrange travel for the various parties. Am assuming Edgbaston at the usual location is the favoured spot?

Could we have absolute confirmation of "I can definately get to Edgbaston on the 4th" from those so far mentioned? They being myself, Mat Mitchell, Rich H*, Neil Pickup, Pete Young. I'm undoubtedly absolutely fine for said date; I presume Mitchell is too, and H* given that it was his idea. If the other 2 are, then we can start looking at working Camps and sledger into this joint via lifts. And anyone else, too, obviously. Crampton and Howgate presumably enjoyed themselves so much last time that they'd want to come again if commitments and finances allow?

Obviously, I can take some sort of small detour from the M5 to pick-up anyone who was able to do a small part of the journey by train.

If we have any "no, can't make the 4th" then it's time to start looking at making it the 3rd instead.
Edgbaston ftw.

Imagine Crampton is fair game given he lives the closest and therefore has to put in no effort. Takes Howgate about 6 hours to get into Birmingham so he's got an exucse.

Reckon we'll actually book it before we arrive this time?

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Edgbaston ftw.

Imagine Crampton is fair game given he lives the closest and therefore has to put in no effort. Takes Howgate about 6 hours to get into Birmingham so he's got an exucse.

Reckon we'll actually book it before we arrive this time?
I live even closer, can get massive discount on the nets yet seem to have been forgotten...can't make anything up to the 5th, anyway. Anything after that is great :D

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil and Pete.

And Anna, I hadn't forgotten you, just remembered clearly you saying you couldn't make anything before the 5th.