• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW English Meet-Up

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
No chance are you back in school that day. You'll go back on Monday, or if you're lucky you'll get an inset day or two.
Nope. Back on the Friday. Were originally supposed to be Thursday, but that's been changed to a teacher day.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Neil and Pete.

And Anna, I hadn't forgotten you, just remembered clearly you saying you couldn't make anything before the 5th.
I'm fine for the Sunday. I'm also fine for the Saturday now as Cambridge v Exeter is being rescheduled due to Cambridge still being in the Cup.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm fine for the Sunday. I'm also fine for the Saturday now as Cambridge v Exeter is being rescheduled due to Cambridge still being in the Cup.
Right, then, let's change that to:

Who can definately get to Edgbaston on Saturday 5th January?

Pete, we need your OK. H* will evidently know tomorrow.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
O0o0o0h, yeah... will get right onto it in an hour or so.
FFS, having recorded the clip (the one of Mitchell in the garden complete with Dickinson commentary) from camcorder-tape to AVI file, my house's stupid network is refusing to allow me to transfer it to my computer and hence convert the AVI to an MPEG and hence YT it. 8-) Hopefully will sort this nuscience tomorrow.

And the netting clip is over 5 minutes, and will take a bit more effort to convert from AVI to MPEG with my, ahem, incomplete software.
OhohohOK, with the network STILL playing-up, I elected to cut the problem out by using removable-disc software... finally getting the finished product to YouTube. And here it is. Enjoy the commentary, and hope no-one is too disappointed. I really am astonished at the Devonshire twang on myself every odd word here and there. :wacko:

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Possibly; although I'm not sure about the availability of nets on Sat, as they have winter coaching sessions for kids...

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
OhohohOK, with the network STILL playing-up, I elected to cut the problem out by using removable-disc software... finally getting the finished product to YouTube. And here it is. Enjoy the commentary, and hope no-one is too disappointed. I really am astonished at the Devonshire twang on myself every odd word here and there. :wacko:
Not enough close-ups of Matteh's beard for mine.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fairly bushy atm, mostly because i can't trim it again until thursday when i go home.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Firly bushy atm, mostly because i can't trim it again until thursday when i go home.
Beard trimming is geographically limited in the UK?

Whenever you all catch up, someone have a beer for me please. And enjoy!

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My electric razor thing with a trimmer has run out of juice and i can't afford an adapter to plug a 2 prong razor plug into a wall socket given that i need that money for drinking/eating. Got one at home already though.

Anna

International Vice-Captain
There isn't a net available until 4:30pm on Sat 5th but there's one on Sunday 6th from 1pm.