• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW 'A' in the Caribbean

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web 'A' vs Trinidad and Tobago
at Guaracara Park

CONDITIONS:
Ball : The ball is nice and new.
Pitch : A fairly good batting pitch with a few cracks.
Bounce : Good bounce with the occasional one lifting off a good length.
Outfield : Very fast outfield. Lots of boundaries likely to be scored.
Weather : Cloudy.

Sean Fuller missed a hat-trick in each innings, as he and Nath Patrick wrapped up the Trinidad and Tobago tail and seal a comfortable victory on the last afternoon at Guaracara Park. The game was generally dominated by the ball, and Weber and Rose were the only Webheads to go wicketless.

With the bat, Thamba Mamesh's 93 in the first innings was paramount in a total of 302, as several batsmen got starts but could not carry on. Whilst Mervyn Dillon didn't make the expected impact with the ball, Reyad Emrit and Richard Kelly shook things up nicely to challenge the tourists.

Wickets weren't long in coming when the Cricket Web bowlers got their shot at the pitch. Patrick bowled a superb spell with the new ball, and though Lezama dropped Maraj off consecutive balls, Trinidad and Tobago could only manage 132 all out. The score required a fighting 55-run stand between Dave and Gibran Mohammed, until Fuller claimed them both among his 4 wickets.

Despite a lead of 170, Fuller refused to enforce the follow-on, and instead took a second chance at the crease. Mamesh and Stedman went early, and when Garven and Fuller were out, things looked shaky at 50/4. Lezama was eager to make up for an indifferent match, however, and he partnered a defiant Blackman for an unbeaten stand of 73 when the declaration came - 123/4.

The target stood at 294, and with 77 overs left in the game, an interesting afternoon seemed in store. Ultimately only Daren Ganga got going, and he was trapped in front by Adam Collins for 48. The home side crumbled for 179.

Cricket Web 'A' 1st Innings 302 all out
Trinidad & Tobago 1st Innings 132 all out
Cricket Web 'A' 2nd Innings 123 for 4 dec.
Trinidad & Tobago 2nd Innings 179 all out
Cricket Web 'A' won by 114 runs.

Attachments

Don

State Vice-Captain
good to win the first game lads sorry about the drops though.ill do better got my head on now.

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Pretty good game from most of the seamers there with Patrick, Collins and Fuller all getting 6 wickets. It was also good to see fellow opener Blackman score a solid fifty. All in all a very good win, keep it up guys. :)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Impressive start there. It wasn't an easy wicket to bat on, and we did well enough on it in the end, particularly Mamesh and Blackman. Then Patrick and Collins used the conditions perfectly, and allowed me to wrap up the tail in both innings. If we play like that in the big games, we'll go well.

edit: btw, all these games count as FC/List-A, including the warm-ups, right?

Last edited:

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Ohhh, great start guys. Looks a really strong team from my view, especially seeing a great player like Wilson carry the drinks. Looks like Fuller has set himself for a big tour, and I wouldn't be surprised if he led our team in both batting and bowling.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Nice to get a win first up, solid batting and a great bowling performance from CW Blue...err, CW 'A'. :p

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Huge win, couldn`t of scripted a better victory myself.
Spirited batting in difficult conditions meant us all-rounders... alright, bowlers, could do the rest. Huge innings by Mamesh and solid contributions by Blackman, Stedman, Fullerman, Cunninghaman and Weber. In great conditions, all the seamers bowled well, though Xavier was unlucky. Ecstatic with my six wickets, definately helps bowling with my fellow Blues. Great to get Daren Ganga, and then Sherwin twice.

More wins like that, and we`ll come home to week-long parades. :)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
You need to score at least one run to be an allrounder Nath, which makes me an allrounder and you...not. ;)

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Well bowled every seamer, except Rose.
Har Har!

Isn't inter-team spirit and competition a great thing.

Har har. ;)

Well batted boys, good victory.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
well done laads :) good bowling and some great batting from the top order in the 1st innings...
pitty the lowermiddle order failed :(
Fuller you legand :')

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I'm just glad I didn't get belted around the park. I sucked!! But anyway, great team win guys. Everybody else contributed. :(