• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Cricket World Cup 2004 Discussion and Results

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jamee, was that kit before or after it got caught in the tumble dryer and used to wipe down the CW Bar surfaces after closing time?

I don't wanna play in grey! It's boring! I want orange! I say vote!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Neil Pickup said:
Jamee, was that kit before or after it got caught in the tumble dryer and used to wipe down the CW Bar surfaces after closing time?

I don't wanna play in grey! It's boring! I want orange! I say vote!
Well if you don't want to play in grey, don't play. Simple as that.

Mr Mxyzptlk

CW XI vs. West Indies

The XII to play West Indies in the World Cup opener are as follows:

Rich_2001
Eclipse
Cloete
Blewy (C)
Bugssy
Mr Mxyzptlk
Peter Young (wk)
Rik
Lucky Eddie
Mr Ponting
Neil Pickup

12th Man : Lord of Darkness

West Indies
CH Gayle
S Chanderpaul
RL Powell
BC Lara (C)
RR Sarwan
SC Joseph
DDJ Bravo
RD Jacobs (wk)
M Dillon
FH Edwards
JJC Lawson

12th Man: DR Smith

PY

International Coach
Thanks to the selectors for keeping faith in me. :)

Come on fellas, it's all good and we can do over these Caribbean folk!! :D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Well if you don't want to play in grey, don't play. Simple as that.
To be fair, the Orange combined with the Ginger might mean he "picks up" a lot of wickets by dazzling the batsmen.

Mr Mxyzptlk

roseboy64 said:
hey what's the format of the Dev league?
Check the Dev League forum in a couple of days and you'll see the details. There will be some major changes to the regular format next season.

Mr Mxyzptlk

**Opening Day**

The Cricket Web XI versus the West Indies
at the Kensington Oval

Here we are for the first game of this 2004 World Cup in the West Indies. Here we see the hosts pitted against the exciting Cricket Web XI team. In the previous 9 meetings between these teams, the CW XI has won 7 times to state a dominance over their opponents. It has been due the bat of Rich_2001 that this dominance has come about - scoring 459 runs at 76.50 against the West Indies. Now they meet once more in completely different circumstances. It means so much more this time!

Well Brian Lara has won the toss and surprisingly decided to bowl first. The CW XI openers are coming out to the middle amidst a huge roar of anticipation and excitement.

Here's Jermaine Lawson preparing to run in and bowl to Rich_2001...

Attachments

PY

International Coach
Shocker again pour moi but yet again the team pulls out a purely marvellous victory. Awesome performance team, special mention to Mr Cloete. :)

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
wow that is a great start boys, we really have stood up and shown we are a true force this wc. all the batsmen scored runs and quickly and the bolwers backed it up. thats truely a woderful start boys.

well done

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Guys, the perfect start. Batting 1st we put them under extremem pressue with some brilliant batting, Then the bowlers finished it off with some good bowling..

This game has us pretty much certain to win the group, however we must continue to fight hard keep working and improve our games...

Great effort boys!!!

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
wow stunning batting from cwxi.. from blewy , rich , bugsy and cloete nice man hittin the century :)

great bowling by ponting and neil too to keep things tight and covered and mr mxyzpltk and eddy providing good support to make sure things dont get out of hand and the good work by the batsmen is carried through..

Awesome way to start guys !

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
To be fair, the Orange combined with the Ginger might mean he "picks up" a lot of wickets by dazzling the batsmen.
ahh the same could be said of lucky eddy and the grey uniform :P:) and ive seen some streaks appearing on blewys hair too :P;)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Blewy said:
Guys, the perfect start. Batting 1st we put them under extremem pressue with some brilliant batting, Then the bowlers finished it off with some good bowling..

This game has us pretty much certain to win the group, however we must continue to fight hard keep working and improve our games...

Great effort boys!!!
Care to comment on your 4 dropped catches? ;)