• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Cricket World Cup 2004 Discussion and Results

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, that's an excellent start for the boys. Congrats to Cloete for getting that orang-utan (extended analogy) off his back, although I think a bit of catching practice is in order. I swear it's the grey kits clashing with the crowd meaning we can't see the ball.

Pete - a fantastic display with the gloves!

Attachments

Neil Pickup

Anyway, I've got first call on the Number 11 Squad Number.

Everyone else, decide what you want, and I'll make a commemmorative something-or-other..

Cloete

International Captain
Haha brilliant start boys!! So stoked to get my first century :D but i can't take all the credit! It was just a brilliant team performance! Congrats go ou tto all the batsman and in particular teh bowlers Mr P. and Liam himself! As well as my tight bowling for no reward :tongue:

Cloete

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:

Everyone else, decide what you want, and I'll make a commemmorative something-or-other..
I'll take 10 then.... seeing as though i can't have 11 :@

Neil Pickup

Hmm, I've heard 3-0-23-0 described as many things, tight not being one of them!

SQUAD NUMBERS
0 Peter Young
1 Brendon Goff [Blewy]
10 Andrew Cloete
11 Neil Pickup

TBC
?? [Eclipse]
Richard Twyman [Rich_2001]
Nikhil Nichani
Corey Taylor [Top Cat]
Eddie Sanders [Lucky Eddie]
Kyle Wright
Guy Kerridge [Mr Ponting]
David Hoitink
Rik Heath
Reuben Verghese [Lord of Darkness]
Liam Camps [Mr Mxyzptlk]
Rob Malone [Bugssy]

Mr Mxyzptlk

Pool B: SL v NZ

SRI LANKA 213 49.2 overs
NEW ZEALAND 216/2 34.4 overs

New Zealand won by 8 wickets

Man of the match: NJ Astle

Good accurate stuff from the Kiwi seamers early on pinned Sri Lanka back and only a determined effort by Russel Arnold held the innings together on a rather tame wicket in Grenada. Chasing the moderate target, New Zealand were off to a flying start and when the century opening stand was broken, Marshall and Astle continued slower at first, but rallied toward the end, knocking the last 50 runs off within 5 overs. Muralitharan went for an unheard of 8.48 runs per over.

Attachments

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Neil Pickup said:

I'll take #87.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Pool C: West Indies vs Canada

WEST INDIES 321/5 50.0 overs
CANADA 246/8 50.0 overs

West Indies won by 75 runs

Man of the match: BC Lara

Lara came to the fore to dispatch the Canadian attack mercilessly in piling on the runs for the West Indies after Gayle fell to the first ball of the match. In the chase, Canada fought bravely but were never really in it and admirably batted their 50 overs.

KENYA 107 32.5 overs
AUSTRALIA 110/1 24.1 overs

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

Pool A: Australia vs Kenya

KENYA 107 32.5 overs
AUSTRALIA 110/1 24.1 overs

Australia won by 9 wickets

Man of the match: GD McGrath

It was always going to be a mismatch, but no one really expected it to be this much one-way traffic. Glenn McGrath produced a superb spell of fast-medium bowling to knock over the Kenyan batting and set up an easy win for Australia. Kenya did well to keep the chase to a slowish run rate, but there really were no problems for Australia on the Sabina Park wicket.

Next Match: Bangladesh vs England at the Queen's Park Oval

Attachments

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

**Injury Report**

Current:

DR Martyn will miss one more game.

E Rainsford will miss one game.

New:

SJ Harmison of England will miss 4 games with a twisted ankle.