• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Cricket World Cup 2004 Discussion and Results

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
CW XI to play Barbados

Rich_2001
Eclipse
Cloete (vc)
Blewy (C)
Bugssy
Peter Young +
Mr Mxyzptlk
Lucky Eddie
Top Cat
Mr Ponting
Neil Pickup

12th Man: Lord of Darkness

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Rich_2001
Eclipse
Cloete (vc)
Blewy (C)
Bugssy
Peter Young +
Mr Mxyzptlk
Lucky Eddie
Top Cat
Mr Ponting
Neil Pickup

12th Man: Lord of Darkness
Good luck guys

Get us off to a good start.

Mr Mxyzptlk

CRICKET WEB XI 298/9 50.0 overs
BARBADOS 193 45.3 overs

Cricket Web XI won by 105 runs

Man of the match: Lucky Eddie

A terrific start to the tour! The batting was exciting and animated and the bowling was accurate and penetrative. Neil really had the lower order in a spin.

The dismissals: Rich nicked an attempted front foot drive, Cloete pushed at a slower one, Eclipse skied a full toss to deep midwicket, Blewy lofted a drive to cover, Bugssy played on to a short delivery, Peter Young missed a ball that held its line, Mr. Mxyzptlk top-edged a cut to third man, Top Cat struggled back for a second run and Mr. Ponting top-edged a hook to square leg. Allround it was a very solid effort and an ideal boost before the World Cup.

-----------------------------

JAMAICA 203 42.3 overs
AUSTRALIA 205/2 32.1 overs

Australia won by 8 wickets

Man of the match: B Lee

---

GUYANA 192 38.2 overs
ENGLAND 193/7 45.1 overs

England won by 3 wickets

Man of the match: JM Anderson

---

LEEWARD ISLANDS 180/6 50.0 overs
INDIA 183/1 30.1 overs

India won by 9 wickets

Man of the match: AB Agarkar

---

WINDWARD ISLANDS 166 42.0 overs
NEW ZEALAND 168/4 23.4 overs

New Zealand won by 6 wickets

Man of the match: SE Bond

---

PAKISTAN 376/3 50.0 overs
NAMIBIA 158 31.5 overs

Pakistan won by 218 runs

Man of the match: Yasir Hameed

---

SOUTH AFRICA 271 47.0 overs
TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO 207 36.2 overs

South Africa won by 64 runs

Man of the match: L Klusener

---

SRI LANKA 276/5 50.0 overs
BANGLADESH 216/6 50.0 overs

Sri Lanka won by 60 runs

Man of the match: RP Arnold

---

NETHERLANDS 181 40.3 overs
WEST INDIES 182/0 25.3 overs

West Indies won by 10 wickets

Man of the match: S Chanderpaul

---

KENYA 201 49.0 overs
ZIMBABWE 203/7 39.3 overs

Zimbabwe won by 3 wickets

Man of the match: T Taibu

---

SCOTLAND 211/9 50.0 overs
CANADA 216/9 47.2 overs

Canada won by 1 wickets

Man of the match: John Davison
----------------
----------------
A very interesting first round of warmup matches with some very interesting individual performances to take note of.

Attachments

NikhilN

International Regular
I hope I get selected to the next match...I dont know why I didnt get selected after how I did in the pre WC tournament

Mister Wright

Proud Indian said:
I hope I get selected to the next match...I dont know why I didnt get selected after how I did in the pre WC tournament
Give it a rest...

We're here as a team, I for one will be supporting the team whether I'm playing or not and am glad the team chalked up a win. It is a good start and hopefully we will continue this form through the rest of the tournament.

If you want individual spoils go play golf or tennis...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Im with Kyle here...

Mate there are plenty of guys who have paid their dues to the CW XI over the seasons, you are a newbie who is on the Fringe...
You will be selected when we think you are ready...
One good tournament doesn't make a Career, and if you start questioning selection policies you might find you may not get selected at all...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Injury Report

Damien Martyn (Aus) will miss 2 games with a sore rotator cuff.

Edward Rainsford (Zim) will miss 1 game with a bad haircut.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
yep thats right kyle and blewy are right.. just keep supporting the team and be a good sport at all times..and you will get the call up when the time is right

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
1st i want to say liam, great lead up worjk and it actually feels like i am in the west indies doing my country proud.

2nd great start up win boys where everyone really put there hands up an shows how much of a strike team we are.

this is unreal

wooohooooooo lets go cwx1

Neil Pickup

Jeez... 8-)

In case you've not noticed, this is the CW XI, not the Nikhil XI.

And who would we not select? The only batsmen with possible questions over their places as I see it are Bugs - whose bowling means that there's a lot to do before you outrank him, and Pete, who "keeps wicket".

So quit whining and wait your turn.

Rebellions only work with popular support.

Neil Pickup

I can't say I'm not delighted with our opening performance. All (well, almost) the batsmen contributed, and the return of Eddie to spearhead the attack was much-needed.

As for myself, a big score (3*) and 6.3-0-21-4 in a game. Can't ask for more. I'm more than a little impressed as to my OD form lately.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Proud Indian said:
It's your International past.

You were very lucky to even make the 16 IMO, so to throw your dummy out the pram when not in the first eleven selected is not a good thing.

Mr Mxyzptlk

This calls for a team-building experience to get some unity among the ranks. As such, we've arranged a night of soca and rum.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I'm sure Liam and Reuben will try to give everyone a game a somepoint on the tour even if it is a tour game or against one of our group minnows Canada or Zimbabwe.

Mr Mxyzptlk

2nd Warmups

JAMAICA 166 39.2 overs
CRICKET WEB XI 167/6 30.2 overs

Cricket Web XI won by 4 wickets

Man of the match: Cloete

A more challenging win this time around. Jamaica really tested us out, with CW player Xavier Rose representing his home country well and shaking up the CW XI players with bat and ball. It took a rather dedicated innings from the vice-captain to get us home in the end. Also of note was a good allround performance by Lord of Darkness. With the ball, it was Mr. Ponting who starred, but David Jr. and Mr. Wright supported him well.

The dismissals: Rich out in the same was as in the first game - not moving his feet; Bugssy scooped the ball to midon; Blewy got caught on the backfoot to a sharp inswinger; Pete was brilliantly caught at backward point; Nikhil played across the line; Lord of Darkness lofted the ball to long-off. A more determined effort was needed in this one and that's what we got. The team is shaping up very well it seems.

AUSTRALIA 323/6 50.0 overs
TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO 207 46.0 overs

Australia won by 116 runs

Man of the match: ML Hayden

---

LEEWARD ISLANDS 240 46.5 overs
ENGLAND 244/4 46.4 overs

England won by 6 wickets

Man of the match: GP Thorpe

---

SOUTH AFRICA 291/9 50.0 overs
BARBADOS 222/9 50.0 overs

South Africa won by 69 runs

Man of the match: ND McKenzie

---

WINDWARD ISLANDS 169 35.5 overs
SCOTLAND 171/7 42.4 overs

Scotland won by 3 wickets

Man of the match: GM Hamilton

---

CANADA 215/7 50.0 overs
NEW ZEALAND 216/6 43.5 overs

New Zealand won by 4 wickets

Man of the match: JDP Oram

---

INDIA 220/9 50.0 overs
GUYANA 210/9 50.0 overs

India won by 10 runs

Man of the match: IK Pathan

---

ZIMBABWE 221/6 50.0 overs
BANGLADESH 223/2 42.2 overs

Bangladesh won by 8 wickets

Man of the match: Javed Omar

---

KENYA 130 30.2 overs
WEST INDIES 131/2 21.1 overs

West Indies won by 8 wickets

Man of the match: FH Edwards

---

NAMIBIA 168 49.3 overs
SRI LANKA 169/2 30.4 overs

Sri Lanka won by 8 wickets

Man of the match: ST Jayasuriya

---

PAKISTAN 247/5 50.0 overs
NETHERLANDS 233/9 50.0 overs

Pakistan won by 14 runs

Man of the match: Abdur Razzaq

----------------
----------------
Another interesting round, with impressive showings from Holland, Bangladesh and Canada. Unfortunately for the CW XI, the West Indies appear in great form, as do the defending champs Australia. Bring on the World Cup!

Attachments

Mister Wright

Another good win boys!

Great bowling from Mr. P and a good gritty innings from Cloete. Let's keep this form going...

Cloete

International Captain
Nice! Finally might be back into a bit of form.... my main problem is i always get starts and hardly convert them into big scores(same thing happened last game). Pretty happy with that becasue I probably carried the battign this time, whereas last time I only managed about 40. I think that really shwosd the batting depth and I think our current order all knows each other well and we all stick together. I mean today the teal relied on me, last game it was blewy and there's been many a time when it's been Eclipse or Rich.

Bowlers also did brilliantly to restrict them to 166. Mr. P deserves special mention as do Kyle and Lord for keeping it so tight(I believe I got my wicket thanks to Kyle keeping it tight at the other end :)). Very ecstatic at picking that one up though... maybe me and bugs can battle it out for that last bowling slot?(our averages aren't too different) :D

Anyway another good win boys... keep it up!