• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Cricket World Cup 2004 Discussion and Results

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Great effort Marc, The top order for some reason has failed to fire so far in this WC, Our bowlers deserve massive amounts of praise in keeping us in the hunt. Now is the time to get serious though so i expect all batsman in a net session early tommorrow to get into it once and forall...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well if previous WC experiences are anything to go by, yeah you should come, so far everyone who has got a big score has started to fall away...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Excellent effort boys! Keep up the good stuff bowlers. Batsman I will be down the nets bright and early tomorrow to give you any assistance you need.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia vs South Africa
SOUTH AFRICA 214/9 50.0 overs
AUSTRALIA 215/8 46.3 overs

Australia won by 2 wickets

Man of the match: B Lee
Not quite the '99 classic. More of a comfortable (but still tight) win for Australia this time around.

West Indies vs England
WEST INDIES 289/5 50.0 overs
ENGLAND 232 46.2 overs

West Indies won by 57 runs

Man of the match: BC Lara

More runs for Lara as the Windies secure their semi-final space.

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

**CW XI vs New Zealand**

Date: 05-17-2004

CRICKET WEB XI VS NEW ZEALAND at Beausejour
50 overs match
Pitch Condition: Excellent

A tale of two teams. New Zealand will not qualify for the semi-finals regardless of the result in this game. Meanwhile, the Cricket Web XI has a good shot of going to the final four, which will be a confirmed spot with a win today.

The batting has been the problem for the CW XI thus far in this tournament and the bowling the problem for New Zealand. The pitch today will be typically flat and the outfield fast. As such, you'd have to back the Cricket Webhead batsmen to get it right today.

These teams have faced each other 7 times before, with the CW XI proving the 4-3 winner. Then it was Cloete who inspired the batting and Mr Ponting the bowling. Both those players will be called upon to perform again today.

Stephen Fleming has won the toss and chosen to chase. Three times in four matches, the CW XI has started with 2 wickets falling in a over early. Last time a late innings by Marc saved them, we'll see if he'll be called upon to do the same today...

-X-

0.1 Bond to Rich_2001, no run, Rich_2001 missed that one by a mile
Superb 91mph outswinger to kick off the innings.
0.2 Bond to Rich_2001, no run, Rich_2001 was completely deceived
He comes back with the in-nipper now and Rich is all over the place!

Attachments

Neil Pickup

Great job guys!

The Net Run Rate will be a very close one to decide whether we face SA or Australia in the semi final.

Now if we could just get through the first over...

I'll open if you want! Or how about employing Eddie as a hitter?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
That'd be a tad OTT Neil, and would push me to 8!!!

Glad to get an extended bowl as well - it might have been against the tail, but kept it tight! :)

PY

International Coach
Bugger me, I'm struggling desperately with the bat.

Got a shocking decision last time and a dirty ball this time. Don't really know what to say. :(

Sorry guys and I'm rather glad that we are still doing the business as a team!!!:cool2:

Neil Pickup

PY said:
Bugger me, I'm struggling desperately with the bat.

Got a shocking decision last time and a dirty ball this time. Don't really know what to say. :(

Sorry guys and I'm rather glad that we are still doing the business as a team!!!:cool2:
Law of averages suggests you'll get some soon...

As it stands, I have 12 wickets @ 19.50.. is that more than wickets you've got runs?!

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Great effort guys, The net session sure proved a vital one. We have 1 more game before we reach the final 4, so lets focus on Pakistan and make sure we do a good job on them so we go into the semis full of confidence

PY

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
Law of averages suggests you'll get some soon...

As it stands, I have 12 wickets @ 19.50.. is that more than wickets you've got runs?!
Not far off it.

I am truly ashamed. :(

Mr Mxyzptlk

CW XI vs Pakistan

Rich_2001
Bugssy
Cloete (vc)
Blewy (C)
Eclipse
Marc71178
Peter Young
Mr Mxyzptlk
Mr Ponting
Mr Wright
Neil Pickup

12th Man: David Jr.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Super Eights Matches

England vs New Zealand
ENGLAND 245 48.1 overs
NEW ZEALAND 239/5 50.0 overs

England won by 6 runs

Man of the match: A Flintoff

A win to send off the Englishmen.

India vs Australia
INDIA 293/7 50.0 overs
AUSTRALIA 294/3 49.1 overs

Australia won by 7 wickets

Man of the match: DR Martyn

Martyn's form continues, as Australia deny India compensation.

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

**CW XI vs Pakistan**

Date: 05-18-2004

CRICKET WEB XI VS PAKISTAN at Bourda
50 overs match
Pitch Condition: Excellent

The only real meaning in this game today is huge. This will held decide the semi-final matchups as we come to the close of this thrilling 2004 World Cup. Pakistan are a beaten team, that will not make the final four. The Cricket Web XI, however, have recovered brilliantly in their last two games to secure a spot.

Whether or not they will go all the way, we wait to see.

These teams have never met each other before, so Inzamam wins the first toss between them and he'll field first on a flat Bourda wicket...

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

Semi-Final fixtures

The final standings see the following matchups:

Australia vs West Indies
South Africa vs CW XI

The West Indies ended beating the CW XI by 0.06 on NRR to face defending champs Australia rather than table-toppers South Africa.

Last edited: