• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in England

Steulen

International Regular
Not that Murali or Warne need a wicket that takes spin to get a bucketload of wickets.
Giles however...

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
chaminda_00 said:
Hmm i'm not sure if he will get a game, looking at the form of Murali, Giles and Warne so far in county cricket it looks like the pitches are taking spin, so they may two spinners. But if they play three quicks then he will be in for sure.
First Test is at Lord's, they'll probably play 2 spinners there - but he might come in for the second Test at Chester-le-Street in Durham, think that's usually a good wicket for seamers.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Samuel_Vimes said:
First Test is at Lord's, they'll probably play 2 spinners there - but he might come in for the second Test at Chester-le-Street in Durham, think that's usually a good wicket for seamers.
Yea any seam bowler no matter what pace they bowl will get something out of Durham's pitch, if you do bowl crap however you'll concede runs at a very high rate.

crickmate

U19 12th Man
Even they play two pacers, I think shahadat will get preference over Tapash. But all depends on the next two matches performances of them.

badgerhair

U19 Vice-Captain
Samuel_Vimes said:
First Test is at Lord's, they'll probably play 2 spinners there
For all the good it will do them, which isn't a lot. The pitches at Lord's so far this year appear to have been laid by road-builders. Just about every top-order batsman who hasn't got a ton has given his wicket away.

Cheers,

Mike

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
badgerhair said:
For all the good it will do them, which isn't a lot. The pitches at Lord's so far this year appear to have been laid by road-builders. Just about every top-order batsman who hasn't got a ton has given his wicket away.

Cheers,

Mike
Shush. They might play eleven batsmen and go for a draw.

Wait a second...Bangladesh don't have eleven Test-class batsmen...

badgerhair

U19 Vice-Captain
Jamee999 said:
They have one Test-class batsman?
No, they have two: Habitual Basher and Mohammed Ashtrayful. I'm not convinced that Javed Omer is a Test-class batsman, even though he did better against a student side than Worcestershire did.

Cheers,

Mike

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I wouldn't be too surprised to see Bangladesh make a game of it at Lords. I think they will get mauled in the second test, but on a flat wicket playing a couple of spinners they could hopefully make a reasonable match of it. I certainly think they've improved a noticable amount under Whatmore and Bashar.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
Yea any seam bowler no matter what pace they bowl will get something out of Durham's pitch, if you do bowl crap however you'll concede runs at a very high rate.
well in that case Bangladesh should be preapring for the worst

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
I wouldn't be too surprised to see Bangladesh make a game of it at Lords. I think they will get mauled in the second test, but on a flat wicket playing a couple of spinners they could hopefully make a reasonable match of it. I certainly think they've improved a noticable amount under Whatmore and Bashar.
pleaseeeeee. they game will be all done & dusted by lunch on day 2

badgerhair

U19 Vice-Captain
aussie said:
Look, I know the England batsmen are in pretty poor form, but there's no need to be that pessimistic about them.

Cheers,

Mike

crickmate

U19 12th Man
hmm. when Bangladesh went to play test series with Australia two years ago. Many people like you were bragging to finish the test within one day. Sorry, I made a mistake. Not only people like you who only talks in forum and have no actual idea about cricket, there are some test players of Australia , like David Hook, made similar comments to wrap up the test within a day. Eventually Bangladesh scored 298 on first innings and eventually Australia had to wait until day 4 to have that win. And David Hook had to aplogize for his silly comment.

So don't boast. Boasting destroys.

aussie said:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
crickmate said:
hmm. when Bangladesh went to play test series with Australia two years ago. Many people like you were bragging to finish the test within one day. Sorry, I made a mistake. Not only people like you who only talks in forum and have no actual idea about cricket, there are some test players of Australia , like David Hook, made similar comments to wrap up the test within a day. Eventually Bangladesh scored 298 on first innings and eventually Australia had to wait until day 4 to have that win. And David Hook had to aplogize for his silly comment.

hold up, i was being sacastic when i made this statement first of all, and who are you to tell me s*** that i dont know s*** about cricket

Link

State Vice-Captain
aussie said:
hold up, i was being sacastic when i made this statement first of all, and who are you to tell me s*** that i dont know s*** about cricket
let it go, be the bigger man and do the right thing :no2:

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
crickmate said:

Too right. I doubt, however, that the England hierarchy are daft enough to take Bangladesh anything other than completely seriously, with the result that England will perform to a sufficient level to prevent any significant worry.

Depending on weather conditions, I give it between 8 and 11 sessions.

badgerhair

U19 Vice-Captain
Well, they've taken the Bangles seriously enough to drop Rob Key and replace him with Ian Bell, to retain Thorpe rather than pick Pietersen, and to give the drinks waiter job to Jon Lewis.

Now then, your starter for ten: will Bell or Vaughan bat at 3?

Cheers,

Mike

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'd say Vaughan should and then slot Bell behind him (he batted 5 on debut didn't he)

I'm just glad the selectors saw sense and weren't taken in by the hype over a certain newly qualified person.

Craig

World Traveller
Langeveldt said:
What test cricket are you talking about? I hope England absolutely disgrace Bangladesh.. Show them how they don't belong in test cricket, and send them back to Bangladesh totally battered and jaded..

Not that it's the players fault or anything, but I cant help but feel the ICC have just turned them into sacrificial lambs..
And yet you never seem to offer any ways on how they can improve.

badgerhair

U19 Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
I'm just glad the selectors saw sense and weren't taken in by the hype over a certain newly qualified person.
I wouldn't be too sure about that. Graveney gave a pretty strong signal that Pietersen would have been picked if Thorpe wasn't fit. (I assume you're talking about KP rather than Ed Joyce, who doesn't actually qualify until July 1.)

Cheers,

Mike