• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in England

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
hmm whats with the scoring rates this game, not just the English players but the Bangladeshi too

Tresco 151 from 148

Bell 162 from 168

Vaughan 44 from 40

Bashar 63 from 52

Ahmed 67 from 61 so far...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Brilliant fight by Bangladesh, Aftab can really fire on his day, he should be one to watch for Bangaldesh in the NW.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
age_master said:
hmm whats with the scoring rates this game, not just the English players but the Bangladeshi too

Tresco 151 from 148

Bell 162 from 168

Vaughan 44 from 40

Bashar 63 from 52

Ahmed 67 from 61 so far...
Not bias :) BUT the Bangladesh rates are probably to do with the fact England had no one on the boundry due to attacking fields, so almost every shot that beat the infield went for 4 if it had enough power to reach. On the other hand Bangladesh put up to 6 men on the boundry when the English batsmen were going full tilt.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
SpaceMonkey said:
Not bias :) BUT the Bangladesh rates are probably to do with the fact England had no one on the boundry due to attacking fields, so almost every shot that beat the infield went for 4 if it had enough power to reach. On the other hand Bangladesh put up to 6 men on the boundry when the English batsmen were going full tilt.
That sounds about right. Although some of the Bangladeshi batsmen must've been playing quite aggressively anyway.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
regarding the Jones incident, i don't know whether anyone remembers but i think it was last year, there were a few catches referred to the third umpire and turned down because they looked like they had bounced. Channel 4 did this feature where someone went and stood where the slips were and had the ball placed on their fingertips - to the normal camera it looked like the ball was on the deck but it was actually in his fingers.

IMO i'm still unsure whether it actually carried, and i definately don't think Jones knew it didn't

Barney Rubble

International Coach
marc71178 said:
For what exactly?
Didn't Rashid Latif get banned for 5 matches for not admitting he took a catch on the bounce? It was more obvious than Jones', that's why he got 5, but apparently there is the possibility of Jones being banned for a game or two.

Get Prior in, I say.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'd say there's no chance of it, how can anyone prove if Jones knew what was going on when the replays are still inconclusive enough for people to still not know what has happened 2 or 3 hours afterwards?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
yeah but i don't think Dasa's original comment was saying he should be banned, he was saying if he was it wouldn't be detrimental to England

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Wasn't there a holf-volley incident with Geraint Jones last year during the NZ tour?

It's not like innocent mistakes haven't been made before, but I have to admit two half-volley controversies within your first year of test cricket seems a bit dubious.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Barney Rubble said:
Didn't Rashid Latif get banned for 5 matches for not admitting he took a catch on the bounce? It was more obvious than Jones', that's why he got 5, but apparently there is the possibility of Jones being banned for a game or two.

Get Prior in, I say.
Latif got banned for claiming a catch that he dropped, not one that was a questionable carry.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Kippax said:
Wasn't there a holf-volley incident with Geraint Jones last year during the NZ tour?
Must admit I don't remember anything back then - would it have been the 2nd Test?