• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in England

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't remember the second LBW - there was one to Flintoff that was hitting the top of middle and leg, and then another to the same bowler that he got an inside edge to and therefore not-out... plus the caught behind was a full-length dive from Jones upwards and away to his right... really not much more than a quarter-chance.

Still, terrible shot to conclude a woeful tour.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
id love to see these two see out the day. but it probably wont happen. at best, id say theyll be 6 down

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
a massive zebra said:
Ashraful successfully throws away his wicket away. Disgraceful behaviour. Probably the worst 12 I have ever seen. In his 12 he actually got out LBW twice and was caught behind once. Really i dont see how this guy scored 158. He has looked totally out of his depth in the 4 innings i have seen him play this series.

Great innings by Omar though and Bangladesh have at last restored some self respect.
Omar has restored some, Bangladesh certainly have NOT.

andyc

superkingdave said:
he he, cursed him there andy
always. always. when i was talking to buddh on msn, they were on 50/0
me: are you watching the cricket? the tigers are actually putting up a fight
buddh: really?
me: oh... wait...

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Rightio, three fours in four balls takes Habibul to 52* off 37... strange innings this...

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SpaceMonkey said:
You were just too bias to see he could always turn it! he's just been a little unlucky! (bowling on THAT pitch vs Lara would have seen any spinner suffer :@ ). He's never going to be a world beater but his performances with the ball for Worcestershire show he can more than do a job. He's a half decent batter and very good fielder too.
Ooops.

andyc

Adamc said:
Rightio, three fours in four balls takes Habibul to 52* off 37... strange innings this...
yeah, i dont get it... worst test team in the world, but the batsmen always seem to be caning fours between the continous flow of wickets...

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
:( Unlucky dismissal for Habibul. Hopefully Bangladesh can get to 300 so that they can claimed to have at least achieved something.

badgerhair

U19 Vice-Captain
andyc said:
yeah, i dont get it... worst test team in the world, but the batsmen always seem to be caning fours between the continous flow of wickets...
When there aren't any fielders outside the circle (yes I know they don't have circles in Test cricket), then anything which pierces the infield will go for four.

And Bashar doesn't know how to nudge singles: he's a hitter and will always score most of his runs in boundaries unless someone starts setting defensive fields to him.

Cheers,

Mike

andyc

there goes number 6. i knew someone would be out now, typical bangladesh...

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Bangladesh probably would have had a good chance of making England bat again were it not for the dismissal just now. Still possible I suppose, given that Aftab Ahmed is in good touch, and Rafique isn't the worst. Harmison can't be too happy with his return today.

andyc

Adamc said:
Bangladesh probably would have had a good chance of making England bat again were it not for the dismissal just now. Still possible I suppose, given that Aftab Ahmed is in good touch, and Rafique isn't the worst. Harmison can't be too happy with his return today.
spoke too soon there, i think. rafique gone for 2

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
That's just silly. Bangladesh only had to play out less than three over till the close of play, but now they have lost two wickets in as many Hoggard overs, and England claim the extra half-hour. Might not see a day three now...

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Unfortunate that Bangladesh might go down in two days. Still, at least they managed to break 250 once in the series. That's something, I suppose.

Steulen

International Regular
Suppose Ian Bell gets run over by a double-decker bus tomorrow...he'd end his career with a Test batting average of 297.

So far for Bradman.

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Aftab brings up his maiden fifty with a six, then hits the next for four. Three overs till day three as far as Bangladesh are concerned.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Well they've made it & fair play to them. Next target is to make us bat again, not quite convinced they'll manage it but a little bit of fight goes a long way. :)