• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in England

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
twctopcat said:
The umpire's decision is final (unless your adam gilchrist).
Surely Jones would've been aware that he had taken it on the bounce though?

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not the most stunning piece of umpiring of all time.

Replays inconclusive as to whether it hit the grass first or slid in off the webbing - either way, it should have been referred to the third umpire and given not out through doubt.

Neil Pickup

Adamc said:
Surely Jones would've been aware that he had taken it on the bounce though?
It was always a very low catch - and it went into the webbing (I think) - so very hard to tell.

First time around, it seemed straight in and simple enough to everyone...

crickmate

U19 12th Man
Come on. It was clear to me even before I wathced replay. Wicketkeeper was 100% aware of that. That was also a silly mistakes by the umpires.

crickmate

U19 12th Man
It is the same case as Rashid Latif did with Bangladesh 2/3 years ago. Eventually he was banned for 5 mathces. If Bangladesh appeals same might happen here,

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
aussie said:
well it looks like Batty wont be doing much again in this test
The cheer when he finally was given the ball was bemusing - don't they realise he's rubbish?

Neil Pickup

crickmate said:
It is the same case as Rashid Latif did with Bangladesh 2/3 years ago. Eventually he was banned for 5 mathces. If Bangladesh appeals same might happen here,
Except it isn't, as Latif claimed a catch that he dropped, not one that was disputable as to whether it carried.

None of the Sky commentators thought it had fallen short until the replay.

Neil Pickup

marc71178 said:
Nice to see Blignaut trying to save the game sensibly.
That was a good laugh - Nicky Bojé got seriously mullered over midwicket more than a couple of times!

crickmate

U19 12th Man
Well, the same commentators said that only the wicket keeper knew the truth, so he should have mentioned.

Neil Pickup said:
Except it isn't, as Latif claimed a catch that he dropped, not one that was disputable as to whether it carried.

Neil Pickup

crickmate said:
Well, the same commentators said that only the wicket keeper knew the truth, so he should have mentioned.
The same commentators who have *so* much wicketkeeping experience between them?

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Neil Pickup said:
Okay, when did Gareth Batty learn how to turn it?
You were just too bias to see he could always turn it! he's just been a little unlucky! (bowling on THAT pitch vs Lara would have seen any spinner suffer :@ ). He's never going to be a world beater but his performances with the ball for Worcestershire show he can more than do a job. He's a half decent batter and very good fielder too.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Neil Pickup said:

Indeed, it looked in off his webbing at first view only when the slow motion was shown did it look suspect, Botham seemed to think he deliberately lied because he should have known if the ball had bounced cos it would have hit the palm of his hand and not the fingers, but someone should explain to him that if can hit the palm off the webbing too not just off the floor.

Only a fool (see above) would claim a catch they knew wasnt out with all the TV cameras about. Jones may be alot of things but certainly not a fool :)

On a side note its nice to see Jones keeping seems to be much improved, cant remember a mistake by him in either test so far.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Not watching but listening - sounded like a real schoolboy shot from Ashraful.

Batty gets a wicket, there's a turn-up for the books. I'm slowly but surely becoming a Graeme Swann fan.

Neil Pickup

SpaceMonkey said:
You were just too bias to see he could always turn it! he's just been a little unlucky! (bowling on THAT pitch vs Lara would have seen any spinner suffer :@ ). He's never going to be a world beater but his performances with the ball for Worcestershire show he can more than do a job. He's a half decent batter and very good fielder too.
Find me where I've criticised Gaweth... ;)

a massive zebra

International Captain
Ashraful successfully throws his wicket away. Disgraceful behaviour. Probably the worst 12 I have ever seen. In his 12 he actually got out LBW twice and was caught behind once. Really i dont see how this guy scored 158. He has looked totally out of his depth in the 4 innings i have seen him play this series.

Great innings by Omar though and Bangladesh have at last restored some self respect.

Last edited: