• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in England

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
badgerhair said:
Why so late? If they'd declared at tea, they could have won it this evening.

Cheers,

Mike
yeah...the more humiliating their loss, the harder pressed icc will be to take some corrective action... :@

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
tooextracool said:
bit worried about hoggard though, seems to be bowling absolute drivel at the moment and still taking wickets.
So the only change from past seasons is that he's taking wickets :D

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
tooextracool said:
surprised no one has talked about strauss' dismissal, considering hes been out to the same ball 4 times in 2 innings.
Good point TEC.

Strauss' footwork has already been identified as a potential flaw by Aussies.

Aussies should also thank Bangas and English selectors for ensuring that Pietersen wont play in first couple of tests.

Last edited:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
it would have been nice if Vaughan had sent in Flintoff before Thorpe we could have been fore some early fireworks tomoro

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
i was at school so i didn't see much of Harmsion today but i heard Mark Nicholas saying after the game that Harmy didn't bowl a delivery over 90 MPH any truth to that anyone?

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
aussie said:
i was at school so i didn't see much of Harmsion today but i heard Mark Nicholas saying after the game that Harmy didn't bowl a delivery over 90 MPH any truth to that anyone?
Total lie. He bowled a number of balls over 90mph (not by much but still).
The yorker for his 2nd wicket was clocked at 90.4mph.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Gerraint Jones on course to beat the record for most dismissals in a match by a keeper !!
What a farce it would be !! :D :D

Has got 6 in the first innings and 6 more would do it !! 5 would equal the record.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
SpaceMonkey said:
Total lie. He bowled a number of balls over 90mph (not by much but still).
The yorker for his 2nd wicket was clocked at 90.4mph.
well i thought that sounded a bit iffy when he was analyzing the days play

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
social said:
Aussies should also thank Bangas and English selectors for ensuring that Pietersen wont play in first couple of tests.
Why ? Because he's such a massive threat to the Aussies that they are quaking in their boots ? :laugh: :laugh:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
social said:
Au contraire, they want him in there because he's less of a threat than the middle order currently selected.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:
You know there are problems when an average international batsmen scores more runs in a day than an entire team innings before him..
It's not like it hasn't happened plenty of times before. Hell, it happened when Hussain smashed a double century against Australia in 1997 after Australia were knocked over for 100 odd.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Au contraire, they want him in there because he's less of a threat than the middle order currently selected.
I'd say he's certainly less reliable than the current middle-order, but he's more of a threat because he clearly has the capability to turn a match in a short time, if he transfers the ability he has shown in country cricket to the test arena.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The consistency the top order provides at the moment is more crucial than bringing in another player who is just as liable to get 0 as he is to get 50.

A 5-6-7 of Pietersen-Flintoff-Jones would be great in theory if it paid off, but it could just as easily turn 200-4 to 200-7.

The thing that definitely tips it for me, is the way all these Aussies are saying they can't believe he's not been selected.

Swervy

International Captain
marc71178 said:
The consistency the top order provides at the moment is more crucial than bringing in another player who is just as liable to get 0 as he is to get 50.

A 5-6-7 of Pietersen-Flintoff-Jones would be great in theory if it paid off, but it could just as easily turn 200-4 to 200-7.

The thing that definitely tips it for me, is the way all these Aussies are saying they can't believe he's not been selected.
which of course could just be mind games!!!!!

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
tooextracool said:
harmison has always lacked control with the new ball and has generally wasted it, so that would seem like the right idea. not to mention that jones has shown remarkable accuracy off late, and deserves to be given the new ball. bit worried about hoggard though, seems to be bowling absolute drivel at the moment and still taking wickets.
should he destroy them again in the second innings and bowl like that again agains the Aussies, i will take it all back

BTW , what happenned to Hoggard outswing, these days he swings it into the right hander more than away. Perhaps preparing for the Aussie lefties

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
FaaipDeOiad said:
I'd say he's certainly less reliable than the current middle-order, but he's more of a threat because he clearly has the capability to turn a match in a short time, if he transfers the ability he has shown in country cricket to the test arena.
County [country, dont worry i know what you mean] cricket!!!!!

More like ODI cricket

EnglishRose

School Boy/Girl Captain
SpeedKing said:
should he destroy them again in the second innings and bowl like that again agains the Aussies, i will take it all back
About as likely as Glenn Mcgrath making a test double hundred..... :D

Haydos (who is brilliant on seaming wickets) will thrash him all over the park.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Despite the channel four highlights package being very good for once (they actually showed some cricket).. Whats with the celebration of Jones? I'd be annoyed if I dropped any of the sitters he got! Not like he was challenged was it?