• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in England

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Harmison must have felt very proud after taking 5 wickets for the first time in front of his home crowd, also it good to see him back taking wickets

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Woudn't it have been more benifical to have played a Team like this:

Key
Strauss
Bell
Pietersen
Flintoff
Vaughan*
Jones+
Jones
Hoggard
Harmison
Anderson

Batsman Bell and Pietersen face off for an Ashes place, Flintoff gets batting time and the bowlers get lots of time to bowl.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
hmm, the commentary team in this test is shocking, where's Bumble?
i thought no one would say something about it, their isn't any respite on the radio either

Langeveldt

Soutie
You know there are problems when an average international batsmen scores more runs in a day than an entire team innings before him..

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scaly piscine said:
2nd daft wicket for Hoggard, Gareth Batty finally makes an appearance on the scorecard other than DNB.
He's in serious danger of having a second game of nothingness.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Jamee999 said:
Batsman Bell and Pietersen face off for an Ashes place, Flintoff gets batting time and the bowlers get lots of time to bowl.
How do they get time to bowl when the opposition last less than 40 overs?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Langeveldt said:
You know there are problems when an average international batsmen scores more runs in a day than an entire team innings before him..
Trescothick isn't as average as some people like to make out.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
He's doing his best to get out and give the others a chance, but they just keep bowling dross and giving him hit me balls

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
why would Trescothick take a winter off
He probably won't, but I don't get the impression he enjoys touring and after his last experience of the Australians he did announce he fancied a break from the game, so it could just happen. Ditto Harmison. Of course, central contracts may have something to say about that.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
So Trescothick gets bored with about 7 overs to go and starts slashing at everything.
Bet Thrope loved him for that!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
No favours for the 100 test boy! Thought it a statement of intent that Vaughan didn't pee around with a nightwatchman tho.

Maybe a bat til lunch or til Bell gets a ton? It would be nice to see Thorpey get a ton in his 100th test, but I think the declaration is more likely to thwart him than the Bangla's buffet service!

If I had a ticket for Sunday I'd be bricking it! :p

Swervy

International Captain
it would be nice to see Flintoff get hold of B'desh as well...although I could actually see him getting out early going for the big hit

tooextracool

International Coach
SpeedKing said:
And Simon Hughes [is that his name, the analyst for C4] said something similar to that. Simon Jones can now swing the new ball, which Harmy and freddie cant seem to do with much promise. Just imagine harmy and Freddie bowling in tamdem for 14 overs. that is going to be an hour of pure brutal and potentially destructive bowling :D . Harnison being the speedstar and freddie being the trickstar with his impressive array of variations. do forgive me if i am starting to sound abit biased.

whereas Hoggy and Simon Jones can examine the batsmen's abilty to deal with swing. hoggy has been very impressive with the new ball and after Jones bowling in the last test, i dont think any batsmen [never mind the Bengali batsmen] can play that bowling. Might be abit of a stab in the dark but i feel it could be potentially much more incisive openning pairing than the two ATM
harmison has always lacked control with the new ball and has generally wasted it, so that would seem like the right idea. not to mention that jones has shown remarkable accuracy off late, and deserves to be given the new ball. bit worried about hoggard though, seems to be bowling absolute drivel at the moment and still taking wickets.