• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in England

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mortaza takes the title from Ashraful.

Two steps away to leg every ball...
1) Play and miss
2) Play and miss
3) Comprehensively bowled

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
superkingdave said:
if he's batting at number 9, what's no.11 like?
He's only batting at nine because he can hit huge sixes. By which I mean he can hit Stuart MacGill for huge sixes.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
superkingdave said:
if he's batting at number 9, what's no.11 like?
The eleven actually looked far better.
Why anyone even bothers making fun of Mortaza and the like I don't know, it's just so wholly predictable.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
superkingdave said:
he he Shahadat bowling well, 4-0-41-0, Mortaza is actually bowling ok
Bowling utter rubbish, especially given the way Jones and Hoggard especially bowled earlier.
Practically everything short, even when it's blatantly obvious that Strauss and Trescothick are primarily back-foot players.
And given that he can't possibly be so stupid as to not notice that short is not the way to go, the only possibility is that he's not good enough to correct the faults.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
superkingdave said:
Hoggard bowls the sixteen year old, nice ball, top of off. 98-9
Nowhere near as good as the Jones one to Javed Omar, best delivery I've seen for quite some time.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
cool :) good to see jones bowling well.
whois this BBC commentator with that woeful voice.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
yeah after his first over Jones bowled well, was unlucky only to get the one wicket i thought, especially as Harmison and Hoggards first spells were pretty awful.

anyway at this rate, England will have 300 before the end of play

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
looking good England bowling stupid BAN for 108 and now are rolling along at 70/0 couldn't ask for a better start to the season

steds

Hall of Fame Member
How ironic. In the tea time feature about a cricket in schools initiative, Mark Nicholas, of all people, says he thinks cricket is too posh. :sleep:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
steds said:
How ironic. In the tea time feature about a cricket in schools initiative, Mark Nicholas, of all people, says he thinks cricket is too posh. :sleep:
I think most of the problems stem from lazy PE teachers who would much rather just get a couple of footballs and that's their job done. My secondary school had all of the equipment needed, but we played cricket indoors about once a year.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
I think most of the problems stem from lazy PE teachers who would much rather just get a couple of footballs and that's their job done. My secondary school had all of the equipment needed, but we played cricket indoors about once a year.
The problem in my school was that I was the only one who actually wanted to play cricket. The my classes were always split down the middle, with the scousers always wanting football and the Rugby League loving wools opposing them.