• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in England

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Scaly piscine said:
I think most of the problems stem from lazy PE teachers who would much rather just get a couple of footballs and that's their job done. My secondary school had all of the equipment needed, but we played cricket indoors about once a year.
our school has cricket stumps in the storage room, but i cant for the life of me find any bats :wacko:

anyway, i've pretty much stopped watching the game. i was really hoping bangladesh could at least bat out the day. my money's on a three day test for sure (depending on how merciful the english are with their declaration)

Scaly piscine

andyc said:
our school has cricket stumps in the storage room, but i cant for the life of me find any bats :wacko:

anyway, i've pretty much stopped watching the game. i was really hoping bangladesh could at least bat out the day. my money's on a three day test for sure (depending on how merciful the english are with their declaration)
Here they had at least 3 dozen practice balls, a dozen bats & recoiling type stumps (the ones with springs and a metal base) 2 nets that would draw out with the matting, pads, helmets, harder cricket balls. But virtually every PE lesson was a case of getting the furry luminous football out and play 5-a-side (except you're spectating half of the time anyway).

Anyway back on topic I can't see England batting much into Saturday unless it rains.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
kwek said:
cool :) good to see jones bowling well.
whois this BBC commentator with that woeful voice.
Do you mjean C4? If so, you're probably talking about Alec Stewart.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
wpdavid said:
Do you mjean C4? If so, you're probably talking about Alec Stewart.
Why is that guy there at all!?!?! He doesn't bring anything new or different to C4's team and has a really horrible Southern voice that goes through me.

Scaly piscine

Atherton a bit harsh calling Bangladesh minor county standard, how does he expect a team with virtually no experience of English conditions to play? Look at how useless England U-19s are when they tour somewhere like India.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
whats this stupid rule where even though there's nothing wrong with the conditions, there are still overs to be bowled but play finishes at 6 o clock, stupid

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
andyc said:

You can watch the game in China?

Scaly piscine

superkingdave said:
whats this stupid rule where even though there's nothing wrong with the conditions, there are still overs to be bowled but play finishes at 6 o clock, stupid
Yet another brilliant new rule from the ICC...

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Scaly piscine said:
Yet another brilliant new rule from the ICC...
Its all done to satisfy the tv companies.
Hopefully when sky get all the test matches they wont care so much for time limitations (i think the tests will start at 11am again and not 10.30), so will carry on till 7pm max. Stupid ICC. Probably will be changed again in the not too distant future. It will just encourage teams to bowl slowly if they are close to losing and the time deadline is looming.

tooextracool

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
Well, we've been little more than rubbish so far this morning with a preponderance of short and wide aimless dirge. Javed's just played the shot of the morning, chipping Matty Hoggard over mid off for four.

And as I type, Steve Harmison bangs one in towards Nafis' midriff, Nafis backs off a bit and hangs the bat out to dry somewhat, resulting in a tame looping outside edge that Marcus Trescothick at first would catch in his sleep.

Is it just me or are the Bangladeshis massively bottom-hand dominant?
is it just me or do none of the bangladeshi batsmen have any tehnique whatsoever? if theres any reason why they're not test class its right here, 108 against an england side that was absolutely appalling with the ball. then to add to the fact that they cant bowl or bat, they managed to prove that they cant field either, seriously do you get a catch easier than the one rafique dropped?

tooextracool

International Coach
Nnanden said:
Jones bowling crap with 1/0 off 3..
if you arent being sarcastic here, you really didnt watch the game at all.
jones was easily the pick of the bowlers, he swung it around corners, he was easily the most accurate and he was the only one who pitched the ball up. the fact that hoggard got 4/42 despite dishing up some of the biggest tripe possible is part of the games injustice, that the best bowler of the entire day got 6 overs and only took 1 wicket. you might just say that the b'desh batsmen had no clue how to play jones whatsoever, and come on now, how many batsmen can play balls pitching on leg stump and ending up outside outside off?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
BoyBrumby said:
I'm hoping England have a good long bat tomorrow so I get to watch a bit on Sat. Stuck at work at the mo.
I say they should bat till all out - if they can get 1000 it might make the ICC do something?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
steds said:
Why is that guy there at all!?!?! He doesn't bring anything new or different to C4's team and has a really horrible Southern voice that goes through me.
They needed a replacement for Sniffer Reeve.