• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in England

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
I say they should bat till all out - if they can get 1000 it might make the ICC do something?
also the ECB might be having a word, they've sold over 15000 tickets for Saturday

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
SpaceMonkey said:
Its all done to satisfy the tv companies.
Hopefully when sky get all the test matches they wont care so much for time limitations (i think the tests will start at 11am again and not 10.30), so will carry on till 7pm max.
They'll still only carry on half an hour after scheduled close.

tooextracool

International Coach
Nnanden said:
Crap man... Rahim is 11 days older than me, and playing for his country.

Now that is talent.
and the fact that he already looks better than everyone else in the side without being anything brilliant only shows how poor the rest of them are.how in the world their captain who averages nearly 35, managed to play such an atrocious schoolboy inning i'll never know either.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I managed to catch the last hour or so & it was pretty doleful stuff. Mortaza looks head & shoulders above any other Bangladeshi bowler; bowls decent pace, has a useful bouncer & had Strauss utterly plumb the ball before he got the decision too.

Vaughan looked little scratchy, played a couple of glorious drives but was lucky to survive the top edge &, as TEC points out, Rafique's shell off his own bowling was a howler of monumental proportions.

I don't wanna sound too sanctimonious, but test cricket? Do me a favour.... :p

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
I liked Arthertons idea, make ZImbabwe / Bangladesh play International 'A' teams, then when they get to the point where they can regularly beat them at home at least, they can move up to play the full test teams.

tooextracool

International Coach
superkingdave said:
yeah after his first over Jones bowled well, was unlucky only to get the one wicket i thought, especially as Harmison and Hoggards first spells were pretty awful.
harmison and hoggard were pretty awful period.
harmison bowled far too short and really thats becoming quite a habit for him and a typical hoggard over consisted of 3 balls wide outside the off stump, 2 on leg stump and one on target. a bit rana naved-ul-hasanish.

Langeveldt

Soutie
What a waste of time, sad to see the crowds actually turning up to watch this dross.. I'm fairly confidant that a strong college academy side would give Bangladesh a game.. Let alone England..

I hate willing Bangladesh to do badly just so it makes the ICC look even more woeful.. Thats not what watching test cricket should be about, and its not fair on them either..

Langeveldt

Soutie
Nnanden said:
Crap man... Rahim is 11 days older than me, and playing for his country.

Now that is talent.
Probably not... I know plenty of people in their teens who could conceivably play for Bangladesh.. But it doesnt mean they are any good does it?

Langeveldt

Soutie
marc71178 said:
I say they should bat till all out - if they can get 1000 it might make the ICC do something?
What they should have done is declare on 100 odd.. Then finish the game off by stumps tomorrow..

And then go and do the same at Chester-le-Street..

Then the ICC might "look into things"

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:
Probably not... I know plenty of people in their teens who could conceivably play for Bangladesh.. But it doesnt mean they are any good does it?
I doubt they would impress as much as Rahim has.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Just watching the highlights on 4. How good was Jones's ball to dismiss Javed Omar? Very full & swung late. Be good enough for most batters. Absolute jaffa.

Duncan

U19 Debutant
Whoever gave Bangladesh test status needs to be shot... but oh no... Bangladesh beat a Zimbabwe D team so that will allow another 10 years of failure.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
Just watching the highlights on 4. How good was Jones's ball to dismiss Javed Omar? Very full & swung late. Be good enough for most batters. Absolute jaffa.
He bowled a similar ball shortly after dismissing Omar, but the batsman never had a sniff of getting an edge. I thought Jones' spell was by far the best bit of news for England.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
I really think the best way for England to make a point about Bangladesh is just to bat on and see how long it takes Bangla to bowl them out. My money's on Lunch on Day 4, at the very earliest. The ICC couldn't fail to notice if Bangladesh had 800-900 odd scored against them.

I think England may leave it quite a while before declaring anyway - they'll want to give the batsmen some time in the middle after the starts most of them have made in the County game this year.

Who ever heard of getting into nick for county cricket by playing a Test match? :blink: