• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in Zimbabwe Thread

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think you have more right ot absolutely rivited by the fantasic effort of the Zimbabweans.

They hung in there, and were almost competitive. The rebels could have done a lot worse, although they could have done a lot better....

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
Prince EWS said:
They hung in there, and were almost competitive. The rebels could have done a lot worse, although they could have done a lot better....
But don't forget that Australia had not played an international match for a while and were rusty.

I think in the 2nd ODI you'll see Australia being back to their usual ruthless best.

chicane

State Captain
Ford_GTHO351 said:
But don't forget that Australia had not played an international match for a while and were rusty.
I think in the 2nd ODI you'll see Australia being back to their usual ruthless best.
Yeah...if only the current contest with this Zim side was of international standard.8-)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ford_GTHO351 said:
....its was just my two cents on whats going on here :D
No problem. This forum's every bit your plaything as it is mine (within reason and along the lines designated by the site owner, of course), as it is anyone else who behaves. It's not a debating club, points are not scored (worse luck) but sometimes things can get a little heated. In the end, there has to be a bit of give and take.

(Yeah, right. Like that's going to happen) :D

tooextracool

International Coach
anyways....back to the cricket
i was impressed more than anything else with the Zimbabwian fielding,sibanda might not be all that talented with the bat but he was brilliant in the field yesterday. a couple of stunning catches and direct hitswill always give you a chance in an ODI game. although i do expect them to be decimated by the aussies in the next game
then there was of course the usual talent that we've known of for a while...taylor,panyangara and taibu.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Craig said:
Does he have any talent at all?
Sibanda is capable of some very fine shots - his cover drive for 4 off Gillespie was superb. Just doesn't have the technique or composure to succeed in the one-day game unfortunately.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Adamc said:
Sibanda is capable of some very fine shots - his cover drive for 4 off Gillespie was superb. Just doesn't have the technique or composure to succeed in the one-day game unfortunately.
Yeah he also played one kick **** pull shot for six off G.Denton in one of the games against Australia A.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scallywag said:
Aus 1/32 6overs Gilly gone 20
Thanks for pointing that out to me, sonny.
I find it exquisitely funny
that old Churchy (world class)
falls hard on his ass
and ends up being Doug Hondo's bunny.

(only reply in rhyme please)

Scallywag

Banned
Not fair i'm not ready
to respond to you luckyeddie
I was going to curse
And now you want it in verse

So i'll give it a miss
and not participate in this
if you will do the same
we can all concentrate on the game.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
PY said:
That's a pretty good effort. :cool2:
It certainly was - I'm impressed.
Although Scally may not be the best
at doing the planning
and fixing the scanning
he certainly got all the ends of the lines to rhyme - the scanning's only important in limericks like this one, as you've guessed.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Michael Clarke is pathetic
There is nothing about him magnetic
Get on the phone
Send him home
So he can take a diuretic

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Now then Aussies, do not be downhearted
the assault on the records has started.
two hundred and one for three
is the score now I see
And the freak's batting (oh, I just farted).

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Of that, there is so little doubt.
If they bat long and give it a clout,
keeping wickets in hand -
the Zims might use Sibanda
again - then the crowd should watch out.