• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in Zimbabwe Thread

Waughney

International Debutant
Exactly what I thought when I saw it.
Its true he's bowling off a shorter run-up but I'm not sure why??

Waughney

International Debutant
Mcgrath gets his first ODI wicket for some time:
Zimbabwe 46/2, Partnership of 37
V Sibanda b McGrath 18 (45b 2x4 0x6)
BRM Taylor 17* (55b 1x4) GD McGrath 6.1-0-24-1 (1w)

Waughney

International Debutant
Bracken doesn't have a contract and Lee is injured. So going on recent form Williams is the best option.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
This series was introduced on sky news as 'likely to be the most one-sided ever'.

Sri Lanka might have a thing or two to say about that.

abe

Cricket Spectator
From Cricinfo:

38.3 Symonds to Vermeulen, one run, gets the short one, pulls, gloves to
long leg, brAVE SHOT FOR A MAN WHO HAS TWICE BEEN CRACKED ON THE
HEAD WHILE HOOKING

:D

(Yes, that's Symonds bowling)

abe

Cricket Spectator
Anyone watching this on the telly?

The crowd must be loving these boundaries. Vermeulen and Taibu opening up. Who would have thought? :)

Ponting has taken Williams out of the attack. He's getting spanked out there.

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
Zimbabwe 9/205 after their 50 overs.

I'm not suprised that some of the Australian bowlers were rusty, though Gillespie bowled very well.

It would be interesting to see the approach that Gilchrist & Hayden would have in chasing the total.

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
tooextracool said:
have to wonder why brad williams is in the side...he just makes the tail look longer
Williams has performed very well in ODI's so far this year (he is to date No.1 in my Australian Cricketers Rankings for 2004 ODI bowling).

Craig

World Traveller
Well done Zimbabwe.

I had a slight feeling something would like this would happen. They were given next to chance of really making a decent score, they did, and showed a little bit of fight in them to make an acceptable score for them.

Loony BoB

International Captain
I'm growing fond of this Taylor chap, even though I've only seen the stuff they're writing in Cricinfo.

Craig

World Traveller
What a start by Zimbabwe!

Hayden gone for a golden duck, caught by Mupariwa b Panyangara.

Australia 1-3.

If there isnt more a perfect start for Zimbabwe then I dont know what is.

Craig

World Traveller
Panyangira (I've spelt it right) looks to be a of promise from what I have seen.

Looks to be able to generate some pace with the ball.