• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
As I see it, it's 5 o'clock then 15 overs.

So that's 3 and a half hours then 15 overs.

Take out 10 minutes for change of innings and another 10 for the new batsmen coming in and time's not as much as it seems.

Certainly we won't get near 73 more overs.
That's what I thought - probably nearer 65, isn't it?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
superkingdave said:
from what they said at the start of play the last hour doesn't start until 83 overs have been bowled in the day
That's not going to happen though.

We've had 25 overs in 2 hours - If wickets fall I can easily see the same happening in the next 2 hours.

A 48 over last session?!

I know the rules always used to be that the final hour has to have 15 overs and starts an hour before scheduled close, not sure if they've been changed though.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
James said:
Come on guys - don't let things get out of hand please.
Could you imagine the Ashes Thread being shutdown on the last day!? How funny would that be!

(just having a joke, James... don't hurt me!)

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
I for one would be surprised if England bowl anywhere near 12 overs an hour.
Do you remember the 2nd test in the WI during 1989/90, and Des Haynes presiding over about 8 overs an hour?

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
wpdavid said:
Strewth, Pietersen's lively. I can't believe he's just hit Lee over the man on the fine leg boundary.
I can't believe we've dropped him twice! That's 50 runs that could've been saved