• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

howardj

International Coach
zinzan12 said:
hating this game......Its 11.50pm in NZ and I have a presentation to do at 8am.....Gotta watch this 2nd session now - Its too exciting :blink:

Presentation won't be too flash :wacko:
lol

make sure you include plenty of diversions - eg sausage rolls; flashing lights etc

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Slow Love™ said:
God knows what will happen, but Jones has managed to frustrate us a fair bit this series - and although he hasn't played any tests up to this point, Collingwood's been hard for us to remove too, in the ODIs.

I still wouldn't say Australia are overwhelming faves right at this point.
yeah....I reckon its 50-50 at the moment. If Australia can get 3 wickets in the first hour .....they will have their noses in front.

I must say...Its probably easier to watch from a neutral point of view.....must be tough goin for you Aussie and English fans

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Scaly piscine said:
Yawn, welcome to ignore imbecile - only in spirit tho sadly.

Gotta love these morons who think every one of 620 wickets was a brilliant bit of bowling.

Edit: Warne's 620 wickets
man it's all part of the parcel. no **** they're not all good balls but they all come from the spinning hands that is shane warne.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
social said:
Praise Flintoff, Vaughan, etc as much as you like but to give Fletcher any more than a tap on the head is to grossly exaggerate the situation.
No, it would massively underestimate his effect.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Scaly piscine said:
Yawn, welcome to ignore imbecile - only in spirit tho sadly.

Gotta love these morons who think every one of 620 wickets was a brilliant bit of bowling.

Edit: Warne's 620 wickets
What an extremely sad and spiteful sole....I'm sad for ya

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
cameeel said:
Bloody KUERTZEN!!

Shoulda been LBW :@ :@ :@
Except it hit him outside when playing at it?

My initial thought was it was missing leg and not out - turns out it was not out for another reason.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Knopfler said:
A ball turning that much will never be given (assuming they play a shot at it) because it is either going to hit outside the line, or miss leg.
It turned so much that Hawkeye deemed it impossible!

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Scaly piscine said:
Flintoff middled the ball to a fielder, get a grip on reality.
Set up, set up, run, out.

Either he's dumb, you are, or Warne's a genius that has taken 600 wickets.

You choose

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
cameeel said:
How we've gone in the past has nothing to do with this test match, the fact is that Australia have been very hard done by in terms of the umpiring
Not in this match they haven't one bit.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Slow Love™ said:
Oh dear.... Who would have expected Warnie to miss something like that...
A bit like the Flintoff drop yesterday morning.

Flintoff then bowled like demon to rip some men out, hope Warne doesn't take after him in that respect as well ;)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
cameeel said:
Dunno, but it helps that Pietersons had 3 chances, 2 dropped chances and an shocking LBW call
That was far from a shocking LBW call - if it had been on an Aussie you'd have been arguing that it wasn't conclusive enough to give.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
aussie said:
hey whats wrong you Kiwis today, all these nonsense negative talks.....
So any talk which isn't "Aussie are great, Aussie are being cheated, how have they not won the game already" isn't allowed then 8-)