• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
So what's the time limit tonight, or is it simply a matter of getting through the 98 overs?

(wondering whether England can get away with bowling 10 overs an hour...)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
cameeel said:
YES!! Great ball from Warne, finally Rudi gave him out

Trescothik lwb b Warne

Yes, Rudi gave him out because that one was out.

The previous one was not, so Rudi gave it not out - is it that hard a concept to grasp?

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyway Marc, now you're back on-line, can you finally admit (after 10 innings no less) that Bell is ordinary?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Slats4ever said:
Lee has to be the most unlucky bowler ever. Every time I see him play he's getting catches dropped, bowling people off no balls and byes taken.
Byes taken is not always bad luck (and has no impact on his figures)

Bowling people with no balls is not bad luck, it is poor bowling.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
howardj said:
lol

make sure you include plenty of diversions - eg sausage rolls; flashing lights etc
unfortunately the only flashing lights will no doubt be the ones I'll be seeing from over-tiredness.....Just happens to be the most important meeting i've had in 3 months or so....has to be the morning after this test doesn't it !!!!! :@

Linda

International Vice-Captain
social said:
Anyway Marc, now you're back on-line, can you finally admit (after 10 innings no less) that Bell is ordinary?
Haha, back online and up to date with the last 20 pages. :D Always makes me laugh.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
andyc said:
I don't get you, SP. You never seem willing to give credit where it's due. It was a good ball, and a good catch.
Only if it dismisses a Durham player is it good bowling (and even then he often will moan about poor decisions)

Scaly piscine

social said:
Set up, set up, run, out.

Either he's dumb, you are, or Warne's a genius that has taken 600 wickets.

You choose
Either you're a complete imbecile or you're a brain dead moron

You choose

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
C'mon people predictions please!!!!!! Before this next session gets underway.

Too close for me to call :p

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
wpdavid said:
So what's the time limit tonight, or is it simply a matter of getting through the 98 overs?

(wondering whether England can get away with bowling 10 overs an hour...)
As I see it, it's 5 o'clock then 15 overs.

So that's 3 and a half hours then 15 overs.

Take out 10 minutes for change of innings and another 10 for the new batsmen coming in and time's not as much as it seems.

Certainly we won't get near 73 more overs.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:

Take out 10 minutes for change of innings and another 10 for the new batsmen coming in and time's not as much as it seems.

from what they said at the start of play the last hour doesn't start until 83 overs have been bowled in the day

Scaly piscine

marc71178 said:

What's the latest the 'final hour' can start?

Never mind, I take it from superkingdave that means midnight if necessary.