• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Blaze

Banned
Grrrrrr stupid time diference. Probably the most exciting day of cricket in 10 years and I won't be able to watch the rest of it. Hopefully I wake up in the morning and read about an enthraling second and third session and a great close finish.

Entrael

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
rofl all cricket sites are loading so slowly atm, i wonder how many people are checking updates via internet or watching the game as we speak.

even cricketweb is taking longer to load then usual

Slow Love™

International Captain
FaaipDeOiad said:
I don't think Australia are favourites yet, they need two more wickets. If two fall by drinks next session, Australia should win.
I agree. I reckon that just made the game even, as it stands. And should we bowl them out by tea, we're still going to need to get the runs.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Blaze said:
Bad batting but Warne drew it out of him. Flintoff should have realised what he was trying to do to him.
Genius bowler, that's why he's got 600 wickets.

Everyone knows Flintoff is world class yet Warne makes him look silly.

Tape it, study it, memorise it.

Great vs Good

Entrael

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Blaze said:
Grrrrrr stupid time diference. Probably the most exciting day of cricket in 10 years and I won't be able to watch the rest of it. Hopefully I wake up in the morning and read about an enthraling second and third session and a great close finish.
yeh mate, i know how you feel.. i've got exams this week and i've probably given up 20hours of study to watch the cricket this week..

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Adamc said:
There's no way they (Aus) can be considered huge favourites. To state the obvious, they still have to take five wickets, then get the runs, neither of which are easy to accomplish at all.

Incredible cricket though. Hurry up, KP...
Well, KP's hardly looked secure, Collingwood's new to the side, and Jones has not been consistent, so you can easily see England folding quickly after lunch. As for the run-chase, Hoggard won't be as big a threat in today's conditions, Harmison's firmly in SA mode, Giles ain't going to bowl them out and Fred can't do it by himself. England probably need another 100 runs, which is not going to be remotely easy.

andyc

Slow Love™ said:
I agree. I reckon that just made the game even, as it stands. And should we bowl them out by tea, we're still going to need to get the runs.
Say that happens, what does the batting order read?
Hayden
Langer
Ponting
Gilchrist
Clarke
Warne
then the rest?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Scaly piscine said:
If anyone says that's brilliant bowling they need locking up, Flintoff has simply drilled a half-volley back to bowler. Awful.
No suprise coming from you Scaly.....If you'd carefully watched the previous 2 balls before the dismissal, you'd actually realise Warne set him up

social

Scaly piscine said:
Amazing how people manage to make out that a gimme wicket like that is 'great bowling'. Warne is a great bowler, that wasn't a great ball. It was as bad as Vaughan's first innings dismissal.
Five tests and you still dont appreciate skill..

Slow Love™

International Captain
wpdavid said:
Well, KP's hardly looked secure, Collingwood's new to the side, and Jones has not been consistent, so you can easily see England folding quickly after lunch.
God knows what will happen, but Jones has managed to frustrate us a fair bit this series - and although he hasn't played any tests up to this point, Collingwood's been hard for us to remove too, in the ODIs.

I still wouldn't say Australia are overwhelming faves right at this point.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
hating this game......Its 11.50pm in NZ and I have a presentation to do at 8am.....Gotta watch this 2nd session now - Its too exciting :blink:

Presentation won't be too flash :wacko:

Slow Love™

International Captain
andyc said:
Say that happens, what does the batting order read?
Hayden
Langer
Ponting
Gilchrist
Clarke
Warne
then the rest?
I have no idea. If it's a really tight (in terms of overs) chase, might we just throw Gilly right up the top? Even though Hayden just made a century, he's still nowhere near his free-scoring best. Which is not to say that Gilly's been in good form, but I'd still be inclined to give it a try.

andyc

Elvi said:
Me too... I'm a Kiwi married to a Pom and I still want Oz to win.
That's the way.

But I did love that Kiwi's shirt yesterday-- "I support two teams- New Zealand and anyone playing Australia."

Scaly piscine

Slats4ever said:
go talk to ur budgerigar at least he'll give u the answers u want.
Yawn, welcome to ignore imbecile - only in spirit tho sadly.

Gotta love these morons who think every one of 620 wickets was a brilliant bit of bowling.

Edit: Warne's 620 wickets