• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Slow Love™

International Captain
I'm not generally reluctant to criticize what I think is a bad call, but I think the umpires have been very good today. And looking at that last LBW appeal, I thought Pietersen was a long way forward, and there was a very decent chance the ball was going to pass by off-stump (and I don't give a crap what Hawkeye says, apart from where it says the ball pitches).

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Blaze said:
I don't know how people can rate Brett Lee better than Shane Bond. Lee hardly ever looks threatning.
Lee has to be the most unlucky bowler ever. Every time I see him play he's getting catches dropped, bowling people off no balls and byes taken.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Slats4ever said:
Lee has to be the most unlucky bowler ever. Every time I see him play he's getting catches dropped, bowling people off no balls and byes taken.
Well the bowling off no balls is his fault.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Lee's not better than Shane Bond, but he's not rubbish either as some people make out.

If he got his seam position right more often he'd be a much more dangerous bowler... when he does he moves it a fair amount.

Anyway, one more before lunch would be great... I said before play that 5 down at lunch would leave Australia in it.

And there it is!!! Warne!

Scaly piscine

If anyone says that's brilliant bowling they need locking up, Flintoff has simply drilled a half-volley back to bowler. Awful.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
andyc said:
WARNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blown it right open now
Wide open? Aus must be hige favourites now. I suppose if anyone's entitled to a soft dismissal it's Fred, but even so...

andyc

Scaly piscine said:
If anyone says that's brilliant bowling they need locking up, Flintoff has simply drilled a half-volley back to bowler. Awful.
I don't get you, SP. You never seem willing to give credit where it's due. It was a good ball, and a good catch.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
wpdavid said:
Wide open? Aus must be hige favourites now. I suppose if anyone's entitled to a soft dismissal it's Fred, but even so...
There's no way they can be considered huge favourites. To state the obvious, they still have to take five wickets, then get the runs, neither of which are easy to accomplish at all.

Incredible cricket though. Hurry up, KP...

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Scaly piscine said:
If anyone says that's a brilliant post they need locking up, Scaly P has simply said a selfish, cruel and pointless thing to all this threads readers. Awful.