• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
there is something so wrong with the crowd clapping and being happy when the players go off cause of the light....

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
To all the people critisizing Austalia for not batting when there was bad light should have a cold hard look at themselves. We saw what happened to Australia this evening - they collapsed, if they had of done that on day 2 or day 3 then it is game over.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That is ridiculous.

Warne on from one end and Clarke about to bowl from the other. Just who was going to be in physical danger from that attack?

Linda

International Vice-Captain
I hope the English team gets abused in the night when they get here next summer, we will not forget!! :ph34r:

My word.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
what the hell is this man, these umpires annoying how in god's name is it dangerous to see the ball with Warne bowling sh*t man :@

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
kwek said:
lol :)
it is right that they go off.
With Warne bowling? Get off it.

Boycott's quite right that it's ridiculous to go off in moderate light when the bowling captain is willing to accomodate the batting team by bowling spin from both ends.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
social said:
That is ridiculous.

Warne on from one end and Clarke about to bowl from the other. Just who was going to be in physical danger from that attack?
IIRC the law was changed to remove 'physical danger' from it, England fell foul of this in SA

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
aussie said:
what the hell is this man, these umpires annoying how in god's name is it dangerous to see the ball with Warne bowling sh*t man :@
Cause england said it was unfair to the umpires.. and the umpires HAD to offer them the light to make it "fair"

Eg england were *****ing :P

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
MoxPearl said:
Poor sportsman ship by england i rekon...
No it's not, it's called trying to win, Aussie used to do it but as soon as they're losing, spirit of cricket is more important.

Gimme a H, Gimme a Y, Gimme a P, Gimme an O, Gimme a C, Gimme a R, Gimme an I, Gimme a T, Gimme an E.

What'd'ya get?