• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Demolition Man said:
Thanks England , cricket is the loser, why ruin a great series ??????
I agree. It's only a cloud. Soft fecking southerner Trescothick. Vaughan obviously spends too much time down there, too. He's starting to look more and more Southern

chalky

International Debutant
Demolition Man said:
Thanks England , cricket is the loser, why ruin a great series ??????
If you don't think any other team would not do the same in this situation you're delusional. And remember Australia have came off twice for bad light this test.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Yet another spineless use of cheap tactics by England. That's all I'll remember from this series (as sad as it sounds, that's all I will remember. Flintoff's amazing performances, S. Jones, Strauss, etc)

EDIT: yes, I'm sorry, I exaggerated there, England has been extremely good - I'm just a bit angry at the moment. Let me simmer :)

Last edited:

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
superkingdave said:
get a grip mate
What ? thats what they said... u could see them asking...

I still think its a soft **** thing to do... they were playing warne and about to face clarke...

greg

International Debutant
:laugh:

There was i under the impression that it was the Australian openers who had taken the light the previous two evenings!

steds

Hall of Fame Member
chalky said:
If you don't think any other team would not do the same in this situation you're delusional. And remember Australia have came off twice for bad light this test.
Yeah. That means it's a problem which runs through the core of cricket the world round. It doesn't make it right

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
if that the explanation Rudi is going to give he needs a hit in his ****ing head total nonsense this, Vaughan could have stayed on if this little period costs Australia any chance of retaining the ashes i'll hate this england side forever.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Demolition Man said:
*cough* sub-fielders

ohh you mean according to the rules of the game not the spirit.
Cough, whinging on radio about umpiring decisions, appealing vehemently after the umpire says not out, ranting at the umpire and opposition coach, harassing the umpire after every very good shout is turned down.

greg

International Debutant
steds said:
Yeah. That means it's a problem which runs through the core of cricket the world round. It doesn't make it right
It was pitch black out there, man! The umpires even gave them a bit of leeway - and McGrath responded by bowling a bouncer!

greg

International Debutant
aussie said:
if that the explanation Rudi is going to give he needs a hit in his ****ing head total nonsense this, Vaughan could have stayed on if this little period costs Australia any chance of retaining the ashes i'll hate this england side forever.
Lol. That's one of the funniest posts I've ever read. :laugh:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Scaly piscine said:
Cough, whinging on radio about umpiring decisions, appealing vehemently after the umpire says not out, ranting at the umpire and opposition coach, harassing the umpire after every very good shout is turned down.
Yeah, how about that ay, the Aussies coughing! How unsportsmanlike.. :eye:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
greg said:
:laugh:

There was i under the impression that it was the Australian openers who had taken the light the previous two evenings!
Against Flintoff and Harmison.

And really, I think the umpires have an obligation, rather than going with the whim of the crowd and the batting captain who wants to end the play, to do everything they reasonably can to get cricket played. In that sort of light win spin from each ends, it's utterly ridiculous to go off at the expense of a competitive finish to the series.