• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
PY said:
About as bad a sign as 2-1 England is for Australian. :p
I just can't remember ever hearing a crowd cheering the rain before. Fair enough that England want to win the series and everything, but it's not like they're 6 down and following on. It's a bit sad I think that those people paid money for their tickets and would rather watch it rain than watch England win the test.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
FaaipDeOiad said:
I just can't remember ever hearing a crowd cheering the rain before. Fair enough that England want to win the series and everything, but it's not like they're 6 down and following on. It's a bit sad I think that those people paid money for their tickets and would rather watch it rain than watch England win the test.
Just silliness I think, most would want to see some cricket, particularly as Hayden is looking to get out again at the moment. I feel that if we can get one out, a couple might go.

PY

International Coach
FaaipDeOiad said:
I think you're putting a little too much thought into it. :p

Maybe they were cheering something else happening or maybe they are such diehard fans that'd prefer England win the Ashes than they have a good time.

Patriotism I tell thee.

greg

International Debutant
FaaipDeOiad said:
They get their money back if there's less than 10 overs play :cool:

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Slow Love™ said:
Yes, weren't they at one point comparing the Gatting ball? It was verging on surreal.
That amused me too. When he missed it, my dad and I looked at each other with that "oh, for God's sake Kevin" look in our eyes as we knew it was a horror shot. Then proceeded to whinge at Richie etc for talking up a perfectly regulation dismissal.

As for this morning's LBWs? First one was nailed on dead and I called it the moment it happened. Other two didn't even remotely excite me. Has improved my faith in my ability to umpire.

PY

International Coach
Is anyone watching the hair loss advert on Channel 4?

Oh dear Shane, that's your worst effort yet. :laugh:

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
PY said:
Is anyone watching the hair loss advert on Channel 4?

Oh dear Shane, that's your worst effort yet. :laugh:
me to Jamee:

Taz|| het begrip heineken staat wat mij betreft los van bier|| zegt:
what a crap advert with warne
Taz|| het begrip heineken staat wat mij betreft los van bier|| zegt:
though very funny (the text thingy )

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Great effort from Hayden to get 50, really. He's not really needed any letoffs of anything, he's just concentrated really hard and cut out the things which were causing him problems, and he's even negotiated the swing quite well again this morning. If he keeps going and Australia get to lunch unbeaten they could really accelerate in the afternoon.

Slow Love™

International Captain
It's a good 50, but he knows it hasn't been great. He appears to have pulled his concentration back together though. Come on, mate, prove us all wrong and make it a big one. Jones hasn't been his nemesis in particular this series, so he's facing the same guys he has all summer.

EDIT: And there goes my 20 virtual bucks on Hayden scoring 31-50 this innings. :p

Last edited:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Fellow Australian supporters who have seen practically all of the Langer/Hayden opening partnerships, just to make sure, wasn't the last time they made a 200 run opening stand back in Antigua?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Maybe it was just a change in attitude. He seems to acknowledged that these are class bowlers who deserve to be treated with respect. It has always been his attitude that I felt was his problem.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
Fellow Australian supporters who have seen practically all of the Langer/Hayden opening partnerships, just to make sure, wasn't the last time they made a 200 run opening stand back in Antigua?
Yeah, I think so. They've made quite a few of them, but obviously most came during Hayden's peak form.

Interestingly, this is their 14th century stand as an opening pair. The only other pairs with over 10 are those widely acknowledged as the best ever in Hobbs & Sutcliffe (15) and Greenidge & Haynes (16). Also, Taylor and Slater had 10.

14 isn't a bad effort!

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
47 runs and no wickets in a short session. Definately a good effort, sets the scene for Australia to catch up to England today if the rain stays away, and bowl tomorrow.

Seems a bit ridiculous to be heading off for 40 minutes now while the sun is out.