• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Slow Love™

International Captain
GoT_SpIn said:
That show, under the grandstand is so funny :)
Really? Abbott just looks so panicky throughout to me, and I spend half the time cringing - this week, he was drenched in panicky sweat.

I think I've seen funnier episodes of "Diagnosis Murder".

PY

International Coach
honestbharani said:
how is the weather?
Pretty pooey to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if they go off again in the next half an hour, it's what the forecasters predicted in terms of patchy rain which equals on-off cricket.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Good on you, JL - great to see him come good here, and 7000 runs in tests too.

I had hoped for big things from him at the start of the series, and things didn't quite work out, but this could end up being a very important innings.

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
Slow Love™ said:
Really? Abbott just looks so panicky throughout to me, and I spend half the time cringing - this week, he was drenched in panicky sweat.

I think I've seen funnier episodes of "Diagnosis Murder".
There is nothing wrong with Diagnosis Murder.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Slow Love™ said:
Good on you, JL - great to see him come good here, and 7000 runs in tests too.

I had hoped for big things from him at the start of the series, and things didn't quite work out, but this could end up being a very important innings.
Nice curse. :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
PY said:
Get in there Harmo.

GBH strikes!!
An absolutely brilliant over IMO.

Not sure what the wides were about - 2nd one didn't seem too high as Langer ducked.

Then was the no ball for his foot or a height issue?

PY

International Coach
He'd already bowled his bouncer for the over supposedly.

I certainly jumped up when the bails came off. Good for England and great for Harmison. It's first time I've seen it since Lord's. Bit of anger and fire in his eyes.

Good man....

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
honestbharani said:
Go Langer and Hayden! Amazing partnership, even if the pitch is flat and there is no Simon Jones.

I see that my midas touch is at work again. I can never forget that ODI against Pak when I said "this is a good partnership" 3 or 4 times and everytime a wicket fell like right after.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Samuel_Vimes said:
Nice curse. :)
Yeah, that was a PY special. *cries*

It is frustrating though, when the umps decide to wait until the end of an over when they've decided the conditions are too wet to play on.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Pedro Delgado said:
Excellent aggressive bowling form GBH.
He's back, you know. He really is back, going by that last over. I don't know what did it, but suddenly he was tearing in to the crease, not jogging. If I was Ponting, I wouldn't be looking forward to going out there. If the Hurricane starts blowing, there ain't much a batsman can do - just ask the West Indies top order.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Slow Love™ said:
Yeah, that was a PY special. *cries*

It is frustrating though, when the umps decide to wait until the end of an over when they've decided the conditions are too wet to play on.
Someone has been listening to deano