• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
SirBloody Idiot said:
You can not be serious.
All I can say is that if that had been an English batsman, this forum would have been hot with indignant convicts berating the umpires yet again, so shut up before you even start.

greg

International Debutant
FaaipDeOiad said:
Let me guess, that Flintoff one was a let-off too? :p
Hardly. There's a difference between a ball pitching in line and hitting leg and one pitching outside and going over the top. Anyway it wasn't a moan. Hence the :)

PY

International Coach
FaaipDeOiad said:
Let me guess, that Flintoff one was a let-off too? :p
Even you must have seen it as a fair shout for Hoggard's? And the amount of turd that's been spouted about dodgy decision recently (not necessarily by you) on here, I think things are evening up.

Both me and Neil triggered him and I still would've with all the replays.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
PY said:
Even you must have seen it as a fair shout for Hoggard's? And the amount of turd that's been spouted about dodgy decision recently (not necessarily by you) on here, I think things are evening up.

Both me and Neil triggered him and I still would've with all the replays.
Yeah, I thought the Hoggard one was out at first glance, but I was just walking into the room and I didn't see the replay. Richie said it was missing leg.

greg

International Debutant
FaaipDeOiad said:
Yeah, I thought the Hoggard one was out at first glance, but I was just walking into the room and I didn't see the replay. Richie said it was missing leg.
Richie was forced to change to "well i can understand why the umpire didn't give it" :laugh:

Even the best commentators are being made to look a bit silly by not waiting for the replays in this game. The amount of rubbish that they produced about the ball that dismissed Pietersen, until they were finally forced to admit that he just missed a straight one was fantastic!

PY

International Coach
You could just see the edge of Hayden's off stump to the right of the pad so I thought line was fine but he did get a MASSIVE step in so fair game.

Slow Love™

International Captain
greg said:
The amount of rubbish that they produced about the ball that dismissed Pietersen, until they were finally forced to admit that he just missed a straight one was fantastic!
Yes, weren't they at one point comparing the Gatting ball? It was verging on surreal.