• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Scaly piscine said:
If the rain sets in like it has up here (north east England) you won't see much play tomorrow.
Summer in the north-east, one of nature's great ironies.

social

Nnanden said:
I still think Read is the man.

Regardless of what he does now, I think Hayden has played an almost great innings. Solid as.
Great innings is 150+ not 32 n.o.

Shows how far he has fallen in our estimations.

Knopfler

School Boy/Girl Captain
Going back a bit...

Nnanden said:
I don`t care `bout the Ashes for the moment. That was beautiful. Davis...
I literally squeeled when that went through. 2 seconds to go!!
Im a big Swans supporter :)
Truth is that the Swans played like rubbish for 90% of that game. Davis almost single-handedly won that game in the last quarter with those 4 goals (three of them real beauties).

ok...sorry for going off topic

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
James said:
Can anyone tell me why there are no spectators in the 2nd level (green seats) of the new stand? Is it still being built or....?
I've been trying to fathom that one as well - seems bizarre.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scaly piscine said:
Err brilliant, puts away a long hop... wow.

Love to know where all the movement that Australia had this morning went.
Love to know how many positive posts you've ever made, methinks it's about as many as the number of wickets England have taken.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scaly piscine said:
No I'm dismissing her opinion because she contributes bugger all bar sycophantic comments concerning Martyn.
So her contribution to the forum infinitely outweighs yours then...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Slow Love™ said:
Although that was very good bowling from Giles, what great instincts from Langer to check his advance and keep that foot in!
Agreed - can't mark that one down as a missed chance.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scaly piscine said:
Why did Geraint take that ball so far behind the stumps? If he'd took it near the stumps that would have been a lot closer.
And if he'd been right up to the stumps and fumbled an edge to drop it - you'd be the first to moan.

Scaly piscine

marc71178 said:
And if he'd been right up to the stumps and fumbled an edge to drop it - you'd be the first to moan.
Err right, marc's idea of course would be to have the keeper standing 3-4 yards back to a spinner.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scaly piscine said:
Err right, marc's idea of course would be to have the keeper standing 3-4 yards back to a spinner.
He wasn't 3-4 yards back he was about a yard and a half.

If he was 3-4 yards back he'd not have been able to reach the stumps to remove the bails.

social

Just saw the Langer lbw appeal for the first time - what a shocker.

If you dont give those out then you might as well take lbws out of the game for a spinner.

Once again, these umpires are ****.

social

Knopfler said:
They cannot go off, that is extremely stupid (and selfish).
Crazy.

Aus getting on top for the first time in 3 tests.

Eng dont need to play and weve delivered them their wish. 8-)