• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FaaipDeOiad said:
This coming from the guy who can't accept that the opposition ever does anything right? You're a good one to criticise others about having a narrow understanding of the game.

Also not a particularly kosher comment given that you're clearly dismissing her opinion solely because she's female.
No I'm dismissing her opinion because she contributes bugger all bar sycophantic comments concerning Martyn.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Extremely tough chance for Trescothick there! Two excellent deliveries from Collingwood in a row there, bounce seems to suit him.

Tresco definately a bit wide there, if he's been in a regulation spot that would have been an easy one.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Scaly piscine said:
No I'm dismissing her opinion because she contributes bugger all bar sycophantic comments concerning Martyn.
I admit I dont know much about cricket's technicalities, its not as if I pretend I do. I do love watching the game, however.
I just dont know what your problem is.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
FaaipDeOiad said:
Tresco definately a bit wide there, if he's been in a regulation spot that would have been an easy one.
Don`t think you can say easy. It went very quickly.

social

Scaly piscine said:
You obviously haven't bothered to read anything in this thread during your time of ranting about the world conspiring against an outplayed team getting beat 2-1. Go look at the reactions when Pietersen goes the six or out route.
I'd probably take you more seriously if your sole objective wasnt to criticise everyone and everything about the cricket in almost every one of your posts.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Nnanden said:
Don`t think you can say easy. It went very quickly.
It did, but if you look at the replay it was mostly having to go to the side which caused him trouble. If he'd been in a regulation first slip it would have been high but very catchable, and you'd think a good slipper would take it. From Tresco's position, it would have needed a blinder.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Linda said:
I admit I dont know much about cricket's technicalities, its not as if I pretend I do. I do love watching the game, however.
I just dont know what your problem is.
Just don't worry about it. You're always welcome in this thread.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Collingwood bowling pretty well I think, a touch of movement. I thought he was an outstanding player in the one-dayers.

Scaly piscine

Hmm 84mph from Colly there.

When they show his FC stats people should realise he's improved a lot as a bowler over the past couple of years and he rarely bowls at tailenders.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Nnanden said:
Collingwood bowling pretty well I think, a touch of movement. I thought he was an outstanding player in the one-dayers.
He was, but I think they would have been better off playing Anderson.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Nnanden said:
I think his first class average of 38 and his ODI economy rate of over 5 is fairly telling though. He's certainly no better with the ball than someone like Andrew Symonds. Nice spell here though.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Linda said:
:thumbup1: Thanks SL, its all good.
Don't mention it, mate - I get the sense at times that we agree on very little, but I enjoy your sarcasm in general. :)

Although that was very good bowling from Giles, what great instincts from Langer to check his advance and keep that foot in!

Scaly piscine

Why did Geraint take that ball so far behind the stumps? If he'd took it near the stumps that would have been a lot closer.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
This day is looking like it wont be interrupted with rain, or at least very little. I am just chuffed, to say the least.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Scaly piscine said:
Why did Geraint take that ball so far behind the stumps? If he'd took it near the stumps that would have been a lot closer.
Because as far as glovemen go, he's quite inept.