• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Jamee999 said:
WE WANT RIKKI! WE WANT RIKKI! WE WANT RIKKI! WE WANT RIKKI!
I pray... I mean fear - yes, that's right - fear that he might be not injured .... injured. Yes.

I pray that he's injured.

No, I fear that he's not injured.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
BoyBrumby said:
Bone spur. Hmmm. B*gger. That'll need an op sooner or later. Hope we don't pump his ankle full of cortisone & do some serious damage to it.
It turned out all right for Freddie, and we pumped his ankle full of cortisone for about a year, while he was doing a lot more bowling than Jones. Admittedly Jones has the hindrance of actually being human, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that I think Simon Jones will be fit for the final Test.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Barney Rubble said:
It turned out all right for Freddie, and we pumped his ankle full of cortisone for about a year, while he was doing a lot more bowling than Jones. Admittedly Jones has the hindrance of actually being human, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that I think Simon Jones will be fit for the final Test.
Duncan Fletcher would then say

"Smokescreen? Moi?"

howardj

International Coach
What are the odds of Fletcher finally cracking it for a smile if England win the Ashes? The same odds as Gerraint having a blemish free hour, I suspect.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
luckyeddie said:
Duncan Fletcher would then say

"Smokescreen? Moi?"
Wouldn't surprise me if it is. Smacks of McGrath's reappearance at Old Trafford to me.

And if you were an Australian batsman, knowing that he's in the side after all would sow that little extra bit of doubt in your mind before you went out on Thursday morning at the Oval (they're probably going to win the toss, Ponting is due one).

Methinks Fletch may have gone all Jose Mourinho on us.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
well it seems as if Hayden may well & play at the Oval, even though i have lost hope in him i'll back him to come good.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jamee999 said:
Well, Simon Jones looks doubtful, lets listen to the Barmy Army.

WE WANT RIKKI! WE WANT RIKKI! WE WANT RIKKI! WE WANT RIKKI!
That chant has only ever been used in the UK once.

djwolf

Cricket Spectator
I'm just hoping we're not going to play for a draw at The Oval coz 1) I'd love us to win the series 3-1 and 2) it's not our natural game any more. We are a team who like to be in the driving seat and seize any chances. I think if we win the toss we have to bat first. Would be nice to see Collingwood in the side.

greg

International Debutant
djwolf said:
I'm just hoping we're not going to play for a draw at The Oval coz 1) I'd love us to win the series 3-1 and 2) it's not our natural game any more. We are a team who like to be in the driving seat and seize any chances. I think if we win the toss we have to bat first. Would be nice to see Collingwood in the side.
The first part of your post doesn't tally with the latter. Collingwood for Jones would be the ultimate "safety-first" selection.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
greg said:
The first part of your post doesn't tally with the latter. Collingwood for Jones would be the ultimate "safety-first" selection.
Don't think it'll happend anyway - the Oval is usually the bounciest of English pitches, meaning if they're not going to play Tremlett there, one has to wonder where else they're going to play him. The man's about 9 foot tall, might as well make use of it.