• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
He's bowled rather well.

I seem to remember 1 or 2 of us predicting he'd be a big player in the series...
yea he has bowled well but he's still annoying thats why i hope is ar*se stays injured for the Oval :dry:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
FaaipDeOiad said:
Err, why? Trying to hurt the batsman with no thought for getting them out is poor form, and you shouldn't do it. It's one thing to bowl and try and hit the batsman to intimidate them, but when they leave the stumps, why not bowl at the stumps?
And of course, Mr Lee has never been known to attempt to hurt tail-enders has he?

You reap what you sow...

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
aussie said:
yea he has bowled well but he's still annoying thats why i hope is ar*se stays injured for the Oval :dry:
Okay, this content filter is here for a reason and I'm not the only one getting slightly miffed with your evasion of it through asterisks. Either take the whole Castlemaine XXXX or widen your vocabulary, please!

simmy

International Regular
marc71178 said:
But LE, you forget that the Oval is a dead rubber and England can only beat Australia in dead rubbers...
Which is ironic cos even I thought that on a flat deck Aus would win easily at the start of series.

Reverse swing... I love thee

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
simmy said:
Which is ironic cos even I thought that on a flat deck Aus would win easily at the start of series.

Reverse swing... I love thee
And England's best bowler at exploiting it has done his ankle in. *mutter*

*wants the ARG curator to have a look at the Oval*

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Samuel_Vimes said:
*wants the ARG curator to have a look at the Oval*
Do we want a boring draw and England to claim the Ashes that way?

I would much rather have an exciting match and see drama unfold with a result going either way or a draw ending with a team trying to survive in the end with 1/2 wickets left. :p

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
Okay, this content filter is here for a reason and I'm not the only one getting slightly miffed with your evasion of it through asterisks. Either take the whole Castlemaine XXXX or widen your vocabulary, please!
i'll flex

BoyBrumby

Englishman
marc71178 said:
I believe T_C made an excellent post pre-series, which has proven to be very accurate.
I actually tipped Jones as the dark horse in the series too. Post #2254 in this very thread, 14/7/05!

I also said I didn't think Fred would make many runs, which was somewhat less prescient of me.... :D

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
But LE, you forget that the Oval is a dead rubber and England can only beat Australia in dead rubbers...
Scallywag's not here any more.

I really, really, really wish he hadn't been banned.

greg

International Debutant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scallywag
England seem to have a weakness against Left handers and I expect Aus to take full advantage of it.

What was this prediction based on by the way? The fact that the Windies lineup had had such success against us?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
luckyeddie said:
Scallywag's not here any more.

I really, really, really wish he hadn't been banned.
We should have a thread topped Scallywag's Shots or some thing just like your diary :D Really miss that genius of a guy.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
aussie said:
ohhhh well can they come back.....
I'm pretty sure they got short bans, did their bird, came back and the whole thing started again. James is pretty tolerant but he tries to keep a tight ship and patience can only go so far.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
tassietiger said:
This Gary Pratt character on the other hand, wasn't in contention for a spot in the Test team, and shouldn't be allowed to be named part of it.
I don't see why not?

The 12th man duties have been carried out by a young player who's not playing competitively for his county that day in all the years I've been watching the game.

The Penney incident was unfortunate, but only happened because we had no other players available and Jones was in Hospital.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
I don't see why not?

The 12th man duties have been carried out by a young player who's not playing competitively for his county that day in all the years I've been watching the game.

The Penney incident was unfortunate, but only happened because we had no other players available and Jones was in Hospital.
It's traditionally gone on over here, certainly going back to the 1970's.

Often a member of the ground staff of the county staging the test would serve as substitute fielder so that the originally named XIIth man could return to his own county and play some cricket.