• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
greg said:
Yeah but as Simon Hughes' analysis showed Ponting also hit his front pad with his bat before feathering the ball. So technically there was a treble noise, just the ear couldn't distinguish it.
Could it be the second noise wasn't ball in bat perchance?

Seeing as the edge was not at all obvious I'd say it's physically impossible for it to make a big noise.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
greg said:
The good news for you Aussies is that the Oval is Harmison's favorite ground.
By rotation of the 5 man attack I make it his turn to have a leading spell in the 5th game, lets face it, the other 4 have all done their turn at it!

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Pedro Delgado said:
<wanders off to Google and types in "Indian rain-dance how to">
No rain-dance required - the 28-day forecast says "showers" for the duration of the Oval Test. :D :D :D :D :D

Come on rain, don't fail us now! You've taken us so far in the past, saved us so many times........

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Crazy Sam said:
my side for 5th test:

langer
hussey
ponting
clarke
martyn
symonds
gilchrist
warne
lee
tait
mcgrath

hussey and symonds excel in english conditions and were our best batsmen in the one day games.

This is silly I know given the evidence so far, but I actually think the Oval will suit Hayden and he may get some.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
After years and years of being on the receiving end, this is our time to have some fun.
I was most disheartened to learn that he's a glory-hunter, and not (insert number here) generation Australian.

Quite, quite mad clearly.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Pedro Delgado said:
I was most disheartened to learn that he's a glory-hunter, and not (insert number here) generation Australian.

Quite, quite mad clearly.
me a glory hunter wtf :huh:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
Your not the only one - how on earth was Geriant Jones (IIRC it was him or Flintoff) was not out caught behind after lunch I will never know.
Erm, did he actually hit that then Craig?

There was a loud noise of bat on ground...

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
After years and years of being on the receiving end, this is our time to have some fun.
well after 8 years of supporting Australia its a bit disheartening but dont worry all this excitement will be shut down at the Oval 2-2 the ashes are staying with OZ :p

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Barney Rubble said:
Except unfortunately, Candy Addick is currently in the physio's room at Taunton, having buggered his knee or something, and been replaced for the last four games by 18-year-old Robert Woodman.

It's a nice thought, though.
Woodman for England, then :happy:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
luckyeddie said:
It was yet another example where technology was less than conclusive.
Which is, and always has been, my reservation about it.

What do you do if 15 replays are inconclusive?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
aussie said:
Jones is a f**king cross the bloke keeps getting wickets at the start spell, a real party wrecker :mad:
He's bowled rather well.

I seem to remember 1 or 2 of us predicting he'd be a big player in the series...

Barney Rubble

International Coach
marc71178 said:
He's bowled rather well.

I seem to remember 1 or 2 of us predicting he'd be a big player in the series...
I think I may have been one of them. And was it you who said that Hayden was a Flat Track Bully? 'Cause I said he was past it, and we both appear (so far) to be rather on the mark.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Samuel_Vimes said:
Heh, I seem to recall Marc saying that Jones would be the key to this series. How right he was. :)
I believe T_C made an excellent post pre-series, which has proven to be very accurate.