• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
chalky said:
Initially I thought 250 was even but the more I think about it Australia are going to score at 4 runs an over minimum then if England have a lead of 250 they are going to have to bowl Australia out in under 65 overs. Very difficult me thinks. Hopefully I'm being too pessimistic here.
Or just too English.

Good partnership, though. Simon Jones next, I assume?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Gilo goes. Good bowling from Warne. Made him play at it. Think the end is nigh.

Should Harmy & Jones have a smack or play for Flintoff?

chalky

International Debutant
BoyBrumby said:
Gilo goes. Good bowling from Warne. Made him play at it. Think the end is nigh.

Should Harmy & Jones have a smack or play for Flintoff?
Harmy & Jones have no defensive technique so yes have a smack

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
chalky said:
Initially I thought 250 was even but the more I think about it Australia are going to score at 4 runs an over minimum then if England have a lead of 250 they are going to have to bowl Australia out in under 65 overs. Very difficult me thinks. Hopefully I'm being too pessimistic here.
I'll bite yer 'and off for 250 now. Warne :(

Slow Love™

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
This feels like that Bristol ODI again - everyone thinks it's even but I can't see past the Australians at 90%+ to win.
Well, to be fair, it was a lot more even than you thought, and England did win the match.

I still think 250 will be pretty tough, although there's a fair chance it'll be under that now. Freddie's clearly going to go after it, from the looks of that last airy swing.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Top_Cat said:
Definitely stand by my statement that Giles is the key for England with the ball.
Giles and Harmison. If the pitch is misbehaving with regard to bounce, Harmison comes into his element. I can't see Hoggard or Jones doing that much really, although Jones bowled very well indeed with the old ball in the first innings. If Harmison can get some short ones to keep low or some fullish ones to really bounce though, he will be a real handful. Giles will just have to bowl a lot of overs without going to too many to keep the pressure on at one end, and try to grab a wicket or two. I don't think the pitch is turning quite enough for him to be a real menace just yet, but you never know.

As I write, 50 for Flintoff.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great knock. Fantastic in the context of the match and his injury. Flintoff you legend.