• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!

The difference here is that England are already miles ahead of that target (still want another 100 if humanly possible).
This is true however, from what I've seen/read, that deck was a bit of a minefield whereas this one is turning with the occasional one doing something weird.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Shane Warne said:
He'll just block him out boringly.

He has a low opinion of his ability and lacks the courage of Warne to actually play some shots.
What an utterly stupid statement.

If Giles could stay there for an hour or two, even if he didn't score a run, the pitch would continue to wear more and more and he would be increasing England's chance of victory by the minute.

For goodness sake, think for once before you make a statement.

chalky

International Debutant
Samuel_Vimes said:
There's always Simon Jones.

What I'm more worried about is the next Test...
If England lose this test I'm afriad the Ashes are gone. England are not going to win 3 tests in a row against this side.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Lee bowling so differently to the first innings. None of this full half-volley rubbish. I don`t want England to get over 150 this innings. Please!

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
eddie: Ease up, mate. :)

Flintoff is in real trouble. I don't know if he should even field at this stage.

Slow Love™

International Captain
So who is everybody picking to win at this stage?

I have to admit I'm still leaning towards England, although it's quite possible that the Aussies could steal it. We're hovering around the record for highest last innings score to win on this ground as we speak... Although records like this have been falling in recent times, I still think getting anything above 250 is going to be really pushing it. And England still have Harmison, Jones and Giles in reasonable form should Flintoff be inconvenienced.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
chalky said:
If England lose this test I'm afriad the Ashes are gone. England are not going to win 3 tests in a row against this side.
Obviously not, but I'm still keeping the faith in this one. However, an injury in this Test probably means Flintoff won't be ready for the next one, which means England will call up Collingwood as a reserve batsman. *shudders*

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Top_Cat said:
eddie: Ease up, mate. :)

Flintoff is in real trouble. I don't know if he should even field at this stage.
I'm totally sick and tired of the utterly monotonous prattle.

Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Slow Love™ said:
So who is everybody picking to win at this stage?

I have to admit I'm still leaning towards England, although it's quite possible that the Aussies could steal it. We're hovering around the record for highest last innings score to win on this ground as we speak... Although records like this have been falling in recent times, I still think getting anything above 250 is going to be really pushing it. And England still have Harmison, Jones and Giles in reasonable form should Flintoff be inconvenienced.
Plus Hoggard to Hayden :p

England 50-50 for me, mainly because I don't expect any further runs.