• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Come on lets get a wicket now, btw just realised if Freddie does bowl in the second innings he'll be on a hat-trick....

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I take Oz from here. Think we need another 50-60 for a realistic chance. The pitch has done a bit, but with the Oz batting you'd expect them to chase down 250, regardless of how few the team batting 4th has made to win @ Edgbaston previously. I doubt many have begun the chase on a third day pitch.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Great ground-fielding from Clarke on the boundary.

Flintoff and Giles are doing pretty well here - by the looks of things, Freddie's in some pain, too.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This feels like that Bristol ODI again - everyone thinks it's even but I can't see past the Australians at 90%+ to win.

Interesting stat now - highest fourth innings total ever at Edgbaston is 277, highest to win is 211-3. Maybe I'm just being overly pessimistic (again). If we can get to tea I'll feel a damn sight better.

chalky

International Debutant
Shane Warne said:
Flintoff edging all his runs through the slips again.

It's always either that or slogs.
Just saw pie chart of Flintoff's innings and on he has only 6 runs through the slips. And as there have been no sloggs this innings I don't know he has scored the rest of his runs do you?

chalky

International Debutant
Neil Pickup said:
This feels like that Bristol ODI again - everyone thinks it's even but I can't see past the Australians at 90%+ to win.

Interesting stat now - highest fourth innings total ever at Edgbaston is 277, highest to win is 211-3. Maybe I'm just being overly pessimistic (again). If we can get to tea I'll feel a damn sight better.
Initially I thought 250 was even but the more I think about it Australia are going to score at 4 runs an over minimum then if England have a lead of 250 they are going to have to bowl Australia out in under 65 overs. Very difficult me thinks. Hopefully I'm being too pessimistic here.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Giles gone. Good bowling by Warnie. Still good bowling rather than a nasty pitch doing the work here.