• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Slow Love™ said:
Good luck with the race tomorrow, Craig.

It's funny to think that, given how things went this morning, England are still in the box seat to win this match. They are, though. It won't take too many more for things to be extremely tough for Australia.

But after being outplayed the first two days, I'm just pleased we're still in this.
I'd go 70-30 towards Aus to be honest, chances are Fred won't be bowling for the remainder of the game and that is a huge problem for us.

Pedro Delgado said:
I'd go 70-30 towards Aus to be honest, chances are Fred won't be bowling for the remainder of the game and that is a huge problem for us.
If Gillespie had caught Jones then I'd go with about 70-30 too.

shaka

International Regular
All Australia have to do is knock them over for less than 100 (not sure how long Freddie will last with his injury), then attack Hoggard and Jones, so pressure must really go on Harmy and Giles.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Lovely mornin`, innit? :D

Amazing stuff by Aussies. And I just watched an interview with Nathan Bracken. Love it!

Great bowling by Lee, Warne is a psycho.

shaka

International Regular
burkey_1988 said:
Is the injury that bad ?
When I saw him running between wickets his left hand does not go on the bat during the run. This is an indicator of being a little severe.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Funnily enough, I think Flintoff's injury hampered the Aus bolwling as well towards the end of the session.

They knew he had a problem with his left shoulder (which controls the top hand) and changed their length to get him playing at fuller length deliveries when they simply should have maintained their strategy.

After lunch is, IMO, the time for Lee to dig it in to his ribs and get him playing with higher hands.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
shaka said:
All Australia have to do is knock them over for less than 100 (not sure how long Freddie will last with his injury), then attack Hoggard and Jones, so pressure must really go on Harmy and Giles.
That's four wickets for five runs?

Granted, England have been batting badly and Australia bowling amazingly, but come on...

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pedro Delgado said:
Well who knows... Anyway I'd better learn some more words so I can articulately express my dismay at the cricket being interrupted by some talentless shortar$es sitting on a horse.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The words from Nicholas to strike dread into the heart of every English cricket fan "The first race from Redcar".

FFS! It's The Ashes!! :@

Lucky I'm signed to Rupe's evil empire. :happy:

chalky

International Debutant
BoyBrumby said:
The words from Nicholas to strike dread into the heart of every English cricket fan "The first race from Redcar".

Film Four for me too

BoyBrumby said:

If Graham Thorpe is watching, maybe he should consider being a jockey now he is looking for a new job.

Anyway, at least will don't have to miss any cricket anymore. Remember when they used to show races during play? :dry:

chalky

International Debutant
For people who think this umpiring is bad I suggest they remember back to Javed Akhtar & Mervin Kitchen on the South Africa's tour to England. Or even worse England's tour Sri Lanka I think in 2001.