• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FaaipDeOiad said:
That might have something to do with the fact that Warne turns it a couple of feet and bowls people?

Warne going around the wicket is sometimes a negative tactic, but not when the pitch is turning like this, and unlike Giles it's not his stock tactic.
Giles will also turn the odd one to hit the stumps - you're just a bunch of hypocrites really...

Craig

World Traveller
Seems like he is holding on (wow this must be some kind of record for me posting at once in a thread).

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
BoyBrumby said:
Wow. Snick-o shows Bell was unlucky too. I have to be honest & say I thought it was out.
[tongue in cheek mode]

Damned umpires are biased in favour of Australia. Warne and Gilchrist - couple of cheats of the highest order.

[/tongue in cheek mode]

Slow Love™

International Captain
BoyBrumby said:
Wow. Snick-o shows Bell was unlucky too. I have to be honest & say I thought it was out.
The super-slomo view from behind I mentioned previously certainly suggested he hit it - the bat vibrated slightly on impact.

I think there might have been an error with the snicko just then, because the commentators were trying to write off the noise as being the bat hitting the pad (or foot) - but snicko was actually showing no noise whatsoever. Strange incident, but I thought Bell was out too. Either way, it hasn't been a great day for the umpires today.

Craig

World Traveller
Just like England I'm hanging onto lunch and that will be it for me for the night (have a race on tomorrow).

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The fact that Bell also hit his pad, yet there was no noise at all, suggests that maybe something went wrong with Snicko this time. It's not perfect after all.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Top_Cat said:
Once again you make an argument against something I've never said and in fact, something I completely disagree with (that Giles bowls negatively).
I'm referring to when Giles changes his line to well outside leg, not his usual line of on leg-stump, just in case anyone is unsure. That line well outside leg is negative, you're basically not going to bowl anyone out (barring an inability to pad the ball away). You're relying on dumbness/impatience from the batsman.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Bell hit it for sure ... KP was hard done though, but should have been out first ball anyway

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You're relying on dumbness/impatience from the batsman.
Not true against a leggie turning it a mile. Those are so not easy to play or even to just kick away because you have no idea how much it's actually going to turn.